Essential Basic Endgames
It is vital that players know how to handle (and win!) the basic endgames in chess. Time spent mastering the endgame will prove far more valuable than learning a few opening lines. In Chapter 1 of this DVD, Susan covers all the most important chess endgames for the novice player.
Susan will show you how to checkmate a lone King, using a Queen, then a Rook, then 2 Bishops or a Knight and Bishop. Even some unusual mates are included. In Chapter 2 Susan covers all the basic pawn endgames, the Rook’s pawn, Opposition, the Rule of the Square, and Geometry in chess. Topics include the pawn race, two extra pawns, one side Queens first, King activity – and lots more!
Continuing from the first DVD in this set, Chapter 3 begins with Susan discussing all the essential Rook endgames, including Rook versus one pawn, Rook versus two connected Pawns, Rook versus Bishop or Knight, the Philidor and Lucena position, multi-pawn endgames, Rook and Bishop versus Rook, Rook versus Rook and pawn, and more.
Then in Chapters 4-7 Susan covers Bishop endgames, Knight endgames, Bishop versus Knight endgames, Queen endgames, and lots more!
Grandmaster Susan Polgar
- 4 time Women World Champion
- Only World Triple Crown Winner (World Blitz, Rapid, and Classical World Champion)
- 5 time Olympic Champion (5 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze)
- Currently ranked #1 in the US and World for Women
- 2003 Grandmaster of the Year and US Open Blitz Champion
- Award wining and Best Selling Author
- Founder of the Susan Polgar Foundation, a non-profit organization to promote chess for young people.
Originally Produced by Paul Azzurro | © ChessDVDs