Mastering the French Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3
On this 3 Part DVD series Susan Polgar will share with you her experiences, exciting battles, and won games from the first opening she ever learned at the early age of 4.
Although the French can be complex, the main benefit is there are not many long and forceful lines compared to other openings. Susan will teach you the key to learning the French, to understand the pawn strategies, tactical motifs and basic plans.
So join Susan as well as some of world’s elite grandmasters such as Victor Korchnoi, Nigel Short and Alexander Morozevich in playing this fun and exciting opening defense.
Mastering the French: Part 1 (Volume 11)
1. e4 e6
This DVD covers:
Chapter 1 Side Variations 2.d3,2.b3 and 2.Qe2
Chapter 2 Typical Ideas in the French Advance
Chapter 3 Advance Variations 3. e5
Chapter 4 Exchange Variation 3.exd5
Mastering the French: Part 2 (Volume 12)
The Tarrasch variation
1. e4 e6
2. d4 e5
Mastering the French: Part 3 (Volume 13)
Chapter 1: Steinitz variation 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.e5
Chapter 2: Classical variation 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Bg5
Chapter 3: Winawer variation 3.Nc3 Bb4 sidelines on move 4
Chapter 4: 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 b6
Chapter 5: 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 c5 with 7.Qg4
Chapter 6: 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.e5 c5 with 7.Nf3
Chapter 7: Rubinstein variation 3.Nc3 dxe4
Grandmaster Susan Polgar
- 4 time Women World Champion
- Only World Triple Crown Winner (World Blitz, Rapid, and Classical World Champion)
- 5 time Olympic Champion (5 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze)
- Currently ranked #1 in the US and World for Women
- 2003 Grandmaster of the Year and US Open Blitz Champion
- Award wining and Best Selling Author
- Founder of the Susan Polgar Foundation, a non-profit organization to promote chess for young people.
Originally Produced by Paul Azzurro | © ChessDVDs