LEMOS DEEP DIVE – VOL03
The Taimanov variation of the Sicilian (1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 e6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nc6) is flexible, tricky and gives Black may ways to challenge White and play for the win.
In this 8 hour Deep Dive course, GM Damian Lemos builds up your knowledge of this powerful opening weapon, starting with the main ideas and delving into the hidden nuances which will allow you to claim the full point against 1.e4 players.
GM Lemos covers all of White’s main options, pinpoints all the things to watch out for, gives his most trusted suggestions and shows how they play out in practice by analyzing memorable model games.
With most 1.e4 players expecting the Najdorf or Dragon variations, the Taimanov gives you greater chance of catching them in unchartered territory – territory you will know like the back of your hand!
- Introduction to the Taimanov Variation
- Chapter 1. The Hedgehog against 5.Nb5: Olivier-Jakovenko
- Chapter 2. The Hedgehog against 5.Nb5 (II): Sandipan-Nisipeanu
- Chapter 3. 5.Nb5 and 6.Bf4, a dangerous line: Leko-Grischuk
- Chapter 4. The Maroczy – 5.c4: Muzychuk,M-Ivanchuk
- Chapter 5: The Strong Center – 5.Nxc6: Belyakov-Movsesian
- Chapter 6: The Fianchetto Variation– 6.g3: Juarez Flores-Ding
- Chapter 7: Attacking the Castle in the Fianchetto Variation: Atlas-Milov
- Chapter 8: The Aggressive 6.f4: Arribas Lopez-Ponomariov
- Chapter 9: Learning from the Legend – 6.Be2 Nge7!: Hobusch-Taimanov
- Chapter 10: The Positional 7.Nb3 and the Aggressive 7.Bf4: Orsini-Kovalyov
- Chapter 11: The Main Aggressive Line – 6.Be3: Inarkiev-Rublevsky
- Chapter 12: The Main Line – 6.Nxc6 and 7.e5: Kazimdzhanov-Bruzon Batista
- Chapter 13: The Main Line – 6.Nxc6 and 7.Bd3: Rombaldoni-Yu