Grandmaster Jan Gustafsson is back with the third part of his black repertoire against 1.d4. This time around we study the Nimzo-Indian, 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4.
Jan gives a solid and classical repertoire against all of White’s options on move 4.
To provide the viewer with a complete repertoire against 1.d4. This series can also be watched as a standalone guide for those interested in learning the Nimzo as Black.
Additional information about the video
Jan introduces himself and his new video series
- Why the Nimzo?
- 4.Qc2 Intro and 0-0 5.a3 Bxc3 6.Qxc3 d5 Part 1
- 4.Qc2 0-0 5.a3, Part 2: 7.Bg5
- 4.Qc2 0-0 5.Nf3 and 5.Bg5
- 4.Qc2 0-0 5.e4
- 4.e3 Intro and 4…0-0 5.Nge2
- 4.e3 0-0 5.Bd3 c5 6.Nge2
- 4.e3 0-0 5.Bd3 c5 6.Nf3
- 4.Nf3 0-0
- 4.f3 c5
- Odds and ends: 4.Qb3, 4.Bd2 and 4.Bg5