This book is not about how I became a Grandmaster rather, about how a GM overcame various obstacles in his chess journey.
Promoted pawn: My Chess Journey summarizes the most valuable lessons from 20 years of GM Smirnov’s extensive chess practice, both as a player and a coach.
You’ll learn what does work best for your chess progress. Also, you’ll be warned of typical pitfalls or will see the way out if you already stuck.
Finally, you’ll definitely enjoy reading a book full of interesting stories and witty advice. It may give a whole new meaning to your own chess study…
What will you learn from the book?
This is not my life story.. It is the lessons I have learnt.
My goal was to share with you the best ideas I discovered about chess and training. I’m showing you how I came to those conclusions, and why they are so.
Hence, you’ll be able to digest the most powerful techniques for chess training/playing and use them in your own practice.
Learn the most Effective Training Techniques
- How to develop solid and effective training?
- In order to make your training effective, you should use active learning.
- The book analyses the two main components of Active learning.
Learn how to overcome the difficulties of your chess journey.
- I actually abandoned chess at one point in my career, but then decided to return to the path of chess and am proud of that.
- In this book, I am going to share with you the real story of being a strong chess player.
- And lots more…
1. The First Lessons
2. Inconsistent Results
3. The Art of Attack
4. Is Chess for Everyone? – The Weakness Trap
5. How I Abandoned Chess
6. Time Troubles
7. Time Troubles: Aid from the Soviet Chess School
8. The Easiest Way to Become a Titled Player
9. My Favorite Book and The Art of Limitation
10. Stuck In Progress
11. Typical Genius: Anti-blunder Technique
12. Why Information Does Not Help
13. The System of Chess Understanding
14. That Nice Local Chess Club
15. How to Beat Strong Opponents?
16. The Art of Planning
17. How I Became a Chess Coach
18. How to Find a Good Chess Coach?
19. Preparation and Performing
20. Lessons from Garry Kasparov
21. Effective Training
22. The Secret of Chinese Chess Success
23. Chess Players
24. How to Become a Chess Prodigy
25. How to Make Good Use of Your Computer
26. Evolutionary Change
27. Physical Preparation
28. Powerful Opening Preparation
29. The Art of the Endgame
30. What have you got from Chess?
31. Personal Development
32. Conclusion: The Key Factors for Success in Chess