Pro Chess Mentor Series: Chess Lessons by GM Yasser Seirawan
The Best DVD series of all time is back, now available for digital download in one affordable bundle!! Experts agree Pro Chess Mentor is the best chess lessons DVD to learn from ever created.
World Junior Champion, 4 times US Champion and a FIDE Senior Trainer, GM Yasser Seirawan is a US chess legend.
Famed for his expert commentary on top events, Yasser is well respected for his ability to explain complex ideas in a way people just get.
That’s why when he invests 2½ years to create a training program worthy of bearing his name, it’s worth taking note.
Whether you are an Advanced Novice or Master we guarantee you will improve your game after 1 viewing or return it for a full refund.
GM Yasser Seirawan spent over 2 years to create a universal method of teaching and nobody explains all the chess essentials better than Yasser.
If you ever find yourself sitting across from an opponent and not knowing how to continue – Pro Chess Mentor series chess lessons will solve that problem.
Yasser will teach you how to create a plan and he presents this information in easier to learn and logical way. You will eventually be able to look at a position and unsteadily find your opponents weakness and how to exploit them.
About the Author:
Yasser Seirawan is an American chess grandmaster and four-time United States national champion. He won the World Junior Chess Championship in 1979. Seirawan is also a very popular chess author and commentator with a top Elo rating of 2658.
In 2001, Seirawan released a plan called “Fresh Start” to reunite the chess world, which at that time had two world champions: Ruslan Ponomariov had gained the title under the auspices of FIDE, while Vladimir Kramnik had beaten Garry Kasparov to take the Classical title.
It called for one match between Ponomariov and Kasparov (the world number one), and another between Kramnik and the winner of the 2002 Einstein tournament in Dortmund (who turned out to be Péter Lékó).
The winners of these matches would then play each other to become undisputed World Champion. This plan was signed by all parties on May 6, 2002, in the so-called “Prague Agreement”.
The Kramnik-Leko match took place (the match was drawn, with Kramnik retaining his title); the Kasparov-Ponomariov match was canceled in 2003, and this particular plan became moot when Kasparov retired in 2005.
In the end, the FIDE World Chess Championship 2006 between Kramnik and Veselin Topalov reunited the world championship title.
GM Yasser Seirawan’s Original Chess Training Program!
- Pro Chess starts by revisiting the fundamentals, pointing out the hidden subtleties most of us never learned.
- Then Yasser interviews Larry Evans who reveals the 4 elements of chess and which one is the most important. Plus why Bobby Fischer was willing to “suffer, for a long time” in exchange for one of them.
- Seirawan gives a specific, universal method for evaluating a position, making strong moves obvious.
- We learn how to apply Steinitz’ 3 principles of defense to become near unbeatable.
- Yasser shows us the key “master pawn structures” and the winning plans to use with each of them.
- He teaches us the 4 principles of attack that make sure you smash through the defense and mate your opponent. How to time the attack. When to trade and why. Plus the first goal of any attack and how to judge whether it will succeed, all revealed here.
- Then we get invaluable strategies for getting out of a bad position. We’ve all been there: no space, no decent squares for our pieces, almost in zugzwang. Yasser Seirawan provides a step-by-step formula for getting out of the mess with a strong position, ready to fight for the win.
- Finally, Seirawan presents a superb 3-hour coverage of the historic Kasparov vs. Deep Blue match revealing Garry’s genius in attack and how we can emulate the cold computer style in our own games (as many top GMs do nowadays).
Is this course for me?
This unique course represents one of the best instructional chess videos ever made, now been reissued as a DVD, and the new format makes it an even better product than before. Previously available as a two-videotape VHS set.
The 2-Disc “Kasparov vs Deep Blue – 1997 Rematch” that makes up Vol. 3 of the Pro Chess Mentor series features entertaining high-level analysis by Grandmasters Yasser Seirawan and Ron W. Henley.
The 1997 match between Kasparov and Deep Blue was fascinating as the world’s best player faced off against the world’s strongest machine, creating explosive combinations and incredibly subtle and deep positional chess.
This chess DVD makes learning easy as GM Seirawan’s calm insight is combined with GM Henley’s exciting analysis. The “Kasparov vs Deep Blue – 1997 Rematch” chess DVD presents an objective evaluation of one of the most significant matches in the history of chess.
Commentary by Chief Commentator while a match was actually taking place!
What is particularly special about Vol. 3 is the commentary was done by Grandmaster Yasser Seirawan who was one of the official chief commentators for the match.
The analyses were being done in real-time, usually during the same week when the matches were being played! You can feel the anticipation and excitement of the match in the analyses of games 1-4 by GM Yasser Seirawan.
Highlights included: The only Chess DVD recorded and created while the actual match was taking place and watching Kasparov offering a resignation in a drawn position.
Runtime: 3 hours 11 minutes
“This Bundle Fills the Gaps!”
“This bundle fills the gaps that occur from ineffective teaching methods. I appreciate how Yasser Seirawan explains the ideas behind pawns and their actual use. This is more than a beginner course. Many questions about practical chess will be answered.” – Ioannis (verified owner).
If you want Super-GM insights on attacking with power, playing your way out of tough positions and knowing how to exploit your opponent’s pawn structure…