No products in the cart.
This DVD provides you with a repertoire of attacking lines against different chess openings, like The Scandinavian, Alekhine’s Defence, The Petroff, The Philidor, The Pirc, and The Modern Defence (1. e4 g6).
Many of these chess openings are very popular in club chess, yet they are often underestimated by players of the white pieces.
Using his wealth of experience playing with 1 e4, Grandmaster Daniel King explains the chess openings and provides you with an aggressive system against each of them.
This is the second part of Daniel King’s project ‘Attack with 1.e4’ (part I dealt with the Sicilian, the French, The Caro Kann and 1…e5).
King’s recommendations aim to put your opponent under pressure right from the start of the game. And when players are under pressure, mistakes occur.
This is a practical repertoire – if we study chess openings we want to be sure to use them in our games. After just a few moves, you will be dictating play.
- Suitable for club players
- Model games with typical middlegame and endgame strategy
- Up-to-date theory
- Repertoire recommendations for Black
About the Author:
Daniel King (born 1963) is a Grandmaster, has been a professional chess player for more than 20 years, and has represented his country in numerous competitions, including the historic win by the English over the Soviet Union in 1990 in Reykjavik.
King is the author of more than 15 chess books and has wealth of experience as a trainer, assisting many of England’s leading players.
He is also well known for his broadcasting on TV, radio, and the internet, commentating on major chess events.
To the delight of chess fans worldwide, he hosts his monthly “Powerplay” show on the world’s largest chess server, Playchess.com.
He contributes to ChessBase Magazine, with the popular column “Move by Move”. King has also produced the highly praised PowerPlay DVD series for ChessBase. King lives in London.
Minimum: Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 14/Fritz 16 or included Reader and internet access for program activation.
Recommended: PC Intel i5 (Quadcore), 4 GB RAM, Windows 10, DirectX11, graphics card with 512 MB RAM or more, 100% DirectX10-compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet access for program activation.
- Scandinavian Defence: 1.e4 d5 2.exd5
- 2…Qxd5 3.Nc3 Qa5 4.d4 Nf6 5.Bc4 Bf5 6.Bd2 c6 7.Nd5 Qd8 8.Nxf6 gxf6 9.c3 – Palac,M – Santos,A
- 2…Qxd5 3.Nc3 Qa5 4.d4 Nf6 5.Bc4 Bf5 6.Bd2 c6 7.Nd5 Qd8 8.Nxf6 gxf6 9.Ne2 – Palac,M – Santos,A
- 2…Qxd5 3.Nc3 Qa5 4.d4 Nf6 5.Bc4 Bg4 6.f3 Bf5 – Madl,I – Jamrich,G
- 2…Qxd5 3.Nc3 Qa5 4.d4 Nf6 5.Bc4 c6 6.Bd2 Qb6 – Degraeve,J – Tomczak,J
- 2…Qxd5 3.Nc3 Qd6 – Chandler,M – Ledger,A; Van der Weide,K – Maes,T
- 2..Nf6 3.d4 Nxd5 4.Nf3 g6 5.c4 Nb6 6.h3 – Gipslis,A – Maric,R
- 2..Nf6 3.d4 Nxd5 4.Nf3 Bg4 5.c4 Nb6 6.c5 N6d7 7.Bc4 – Christiansen,L – Commons,K
- 2..Nf6 3.d4 Bg4 4.Bb5+ – Georgiev,K – El Sayed Perin,E
- Alekhine’s Defence: 1.e4 Nf6 2.e5 Nd5 3.d4 d6 4.Nf3
- 4…Bg4 5.Be2 e6 6.0-0 Be7 7.h3 Bh5 8.c4 Nb6 9.Nc3 0-0 10.Be3 d5 – Rublevsky,S – Jorgensen,J
- 4…Bg4 5.Be2 e6 6.0-0 Be7 7.h3 Bh5 8.c4 Nb6 9.Nc3 0-0 10.Be3 N8d7 – King,D – Sharpe,I
- 4…g6 5.Bc4 Nb6 6.Bb3 Bg7 7.Qe2 Nc6 8.0-0 0-0 9.h3 – Short,N – Timman,J
- 4…g6 5.Bc4 c6 6.0-0 dxe5 7.Nxe5 – Karpov,A – Gipslis,A
- The Petroff Defence: 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nf6 3.d4
- 3…exd4 4.e5 Ne4 5.Qxd4 d5 6.exd6 Nxd6 7.Bd3 – Iordachescu,V – Kunin,V
- 3…Nxe4 4.Bd3 d5 5.Nxe5 Bd6 – Anand,V – Mishra,N
- 3…Nxe4 4.Bd3 d5 5.Nxe5 Nd7 – Tiviakov Sergei – Deviatkin Andrei
- Philidor’s Defence: 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4
- 3…Nd7 4.Bc4 c6 5.dxe5 dxe5 6.Ng5 Nh6 7.0-0 – Van der Wiel,J – Van Baarle,J
- 3…Nf6 4.dxe5 Nxe4 5.Qd5 Nc5 6.Bg5 Be7 7.exd6 Qxd6 8.Nc3 – Howell,J – Shaw,J
- 3…exd4 4.Nxd4 g6 5.Nc3 Bg7 6.Be3 Nf6 7.Qd2 – Motwani,P – Findlay,D
- 3…exd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 Be7 6.Qf3 0-0 7.Nf5 – Nijboer,F – Bosboom,M
- Pirc Defence: 1.e4 d6/g6
- 1…d6 2.Nc3 g6 3.f4 Bg7 4.Nf3 Nf6 5.Bc4 c6 6.Bb3 – Rousseau,J – De Bourbon,L
- 1…d6 2.Nc3 g6 3.f4 Bg7 4.Nf3 Nf6 5.Bc4 0-0 6.Bb3 – Kosten,A – Schlosser,M
- 1…g6 2.Nc3 Bg7 3.f4 c6 4.Nf3 d5 5.e5 – Modern
- 1…d6 2.Nc3 e5 3.f4 exf4 4.Bc4 Qh4+ 5.Kf1 Be6 6.Qe2 – Superior Bishop’s Gambit
- 1…d6 2.Nc3 g6 3.f4 Bg7 4.Nf3 Nf6 5.Bc4 0-0 6.Bb3 c5 – Romero Holmes,A – Alaan,V