Positional Nimzo-Indian Repertoire – Part 2
In his second database, GM Mihail Marin completes the examination of Nimzo-Indian Defense. After dealing with the two main moves (4.Qc2 and 4.e3) in Part 1, he now analyzes all other possibilities for White. The Romanian grandmaster stays loyal to his style and suggests some less explored systems based on solid positional grounds. Following his repertoire, you shouldn’t memorize long and forced lines but build a fundamental understanding of the arising positions and structures. The database contains 20 theoretical chapters and 15 test positions!
About the Author
Mihail Marin is a Romanian chess Grandmaster and a very popular chess coach and author. Marin’s first major success in international chess was qualifying for the Interzonal in 1987.
He has won the Romanian Championships on three occasions and has played in the Chess Olympiads ten times, winning a bronze individual medal in 1988. For several years he was editor of the magazine Chess Extra press.
GM Mihail Marin is one of the most respected coaches in the world today having trained the young Judit Polgar and being praised for his ability to explain deep chess truths in a way improving players can understand.
What you will learn:
- In Chapters 1 to 9, GM Mihail Marin analyzes the move 4.Nf3 the third most common move for White and it is not without venom. The author stays loyal to his concept and suggests 4…b6.
- For Chapter 10, see White attempting to play 5.Qb3 (Diagram), where Black equalizes comfortably after 4…c5 5.dxc5 Nc6.
- Chapters 11-12 cover 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.g3 – The Romanishin System.
- In Chapter 13 you will learn to successfully face several sidelines for 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.f3 in the following chapters you will see several 7th options for White.
- Chapter 14 – 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.f3 c5 5.d5 b5 6.e4 d6 7.Nge2.
- Chapter 15 – 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.f3 c5 5.d5 b5 6.e4 d6 7.Bd2.
- Chapter 16 there comes the Saemisch Attack with f3 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.f3 c5 5.a3.
- Chapter 17 – 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.a3 Bxc3 – The Saemisch Attack.
- Chapters 18-20 – 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.Bg5 – The Leningrad System.
What You’ll Get
- Fully annotated PGN file with 20 lines, so you can get the most out of Marin’s lessons.
- 2 hours and 47 minutes of video instruction from GM Marin.
- 15 interactive training positions. These positions are designed to challenge your knowledge and understanding of the theory.
Come and learn the positional secrets of the Nimzo-Indian with GM Marin!