Play the French Defense: The Killer French with GM Simon Williams
The French Defense is one of the most reliable weapons for black against 1. e4 and has been employed frequently by countless strong Grandmasters over the last 70 years!
GM Simon Williams is a leading expert in the French Defense and boasts over 20 years of practical tournament experience.
The viewer is treated to an incredibly thorough explanation of the fundamental concepts of this solid opening system as the ¨Killer French Defense¨ features over 10 hours of premium chess instruction!
GM Williams’ clear and understandable delivery provides the viewer with a surprisingly easy platform for understanding the main opening lines and relevant sidelines.
The ¨Killer French Defense¨ is internationally acclaimed for setting new standards with respect to chess DVD quality and presentation as the British GM is renown for his clear approach to delivering complex material.
As with any chess DVD by GM Simon Williams, the content is highly exciting and mixes in high-quality chess footage to keep the viewer entertained at all times.
About the Author:
GM Simon Williams (aka Ginger GM) is an English chess grandmaster, author, and commentator.
He obtained Grandmaster the Grandmaster title 2008, by accomplishing the final norm at the Hastings International Chess Congress 2005/2006 and the 2500+ rating at Hastings 2007/2008.
His highest rating so far is 2550, achieved in November 2009. In 2009, he organized the Big Slick International in Purley, London, which comprised an invitational GM tournament and FIDE Rated Open.
- In 2003, he finished second at the British Chess Championship.
- In 2005, he won the British Blitz Championship.
- In 2009, he finished second at the British Chess Championship.
- In 2009, Williams finished equal first at the Southend Chess Congress all-play-all tournament.
- He was the joint winner with Gawain Jones of the London Chess Classic FIDE Rated Open in December 2010, with a rating performance of 2690
Is this product for me?
The ¨Killer French¨ is an innovative chess DVD that mixes strong educational content with highly entertaining editing to keep the viewers on their heels while learning how to play the French defense.
You never know what to expect as the DVD switches from a traditional chess DVD format with GM Simon Williams explaining lines at the board with a computer, to exciting scenes from chess boxing matches, simultaneous displays, and ridiculous exhibition matches with human-sized pieces.
All joking aside, GM Williams’ expertise in the French Defense is unquestionable. Volume 1 covers the Advance Variation and Tarrasch Variation. Volume 2 covers the Winawer Variation, Exchange Variation, Kings Indian Attack, and other Sidelines.
Here’s what you will get with “The Killer French Defense” Chess DVD by GM Simon Williams:
- Get both French Defense DVDs for one low price!
- Simon guides you through Black’s part in the French Defense.
- Learn answers to all of White’s important systems against the French Defense.
- Chapters are broken up through chess-related montages maintaining a viewing interest from start to finish.
- Chess Video Running Time: Both DVDs – 9.5 hours
Run-time: 9 hours 30 minutes.