No products in the cart.
The Polgar Method #3
The Polgar Method, as applied to the opening, encourages understanding of the major plans for both sides as opposed to merely memorizing a series of moves.
This way, when the game inevitably takes a different course, we still know what to aim for, what to avoid and what to watch out for.
In this volume, GM Susan Polgar demonstrates how to play the French Defense against all of the main variations available to White. The French Defense is one of Susan’s favorite openings as it is based on a few strategic ideas and allows Black to dictate the direction of the game (after 1.e4 e6, White has to play against the French. After 1.e4 e5 White has many options).
By understanding how the main principles work in real games, you will be well equipped to deal with anything your opponent comes up. Not only is the French tough to break down, it also provides Black with many ways to play for a win.
- The French Defense, Exchange variation (3.exd5)
- The French Defense, Advance variation (3.e5)
- The French Defense, Tarrasch variation (3.Nd2 c5 4.Ngf3 cxd4 5.Nxd4)
- The French Defense, Tarrasch variation (3.Nd2 c5 4.Ngf4 cxd4 5.exd5)
- The French Defense, Classical variation (3.Nc3 Nf6)
1 hour 39 minutes