No products in the cart.
Pattern Recognition Mastermind with IM Mat Kolosowski
If you’ve been playing chess for a while you know the importance of pattern recognition.
It’s what alerts you to a possible tactic in a position. It’s what allows you to sacrifice your queen, knowing that the back-rank mate is forced.
It’s what enables super-GMs like Hikaru Nakamura to solve complex tactics in under a second.
About the Author:
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalist. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship.
During the course of his chess career, Kołosowski has won many international tournaments. He is also a popular chess coach who has experience working with students from over 20 countries.
A few of his students have even managed to go so far as to obtain their own international titles! Mat has also provided live commentary of Polish and European Rapid and Blitz Championships.
How is this course going to help me?
High-level pattern recognition will find you brilliant moves – tactical and strategic – instantly. Now popular presenter IM Mat Kolosowski has produced Pattern Recognition Mastermind – a course that saves you thousands of hours of learning patterns.
There are 2 ways to significantly improve your tactics:
- Attempt 50,000 tactics until something sinks in.
- Learn the major patterns and mechanisms of their solution.
Mat takes the second approach in this course.
You learn how to spot potential tactics, how to force your opponent into allowing an actual tactic, and how to execute flawlessly.
Some of what to expect:
- Tactical vision. We can all spot a fork when it’s there to be played… but what about when it’s hidden 3 or 4 moves away? Mat explains how to set up deep tactics that your opponent won’t see coming.
- Move order magic. Many winning tactics get missed as the player can’t quite make it work. If your intuition tells you there’s something there, you’re probably right. Learn the trick to solving these positions in chapter 2
- Getting your own way. Not all combinations win material or mate the king. Sometimes you need some tactical wizardry to take control of a file or secure an outpost. Chapter 7 shows you how to master the methods top GMs use to advance their plans.
Want to make rapid gains in your tactical ability? Hack your training with Pattern Recognition Mastermind.
This course also includes:
Complete Course PGNs
Downloadable, complete game database of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience.
Access to Practicum
Train the important attacking motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Video summary of the key points covered in the course for quick reference and reviewing. Use it as a quick refresher after studying the course or skim through it before an important tournament!
So, take the chance of getting this superb course and get rid of the “what-ifs” from your tournament practice!
Outline – Pattern Recognition Mastermind:
INTRO Introduction to Pattern Recognition
CHAPTER 1 Fork and Calculation Technique
CHAPTER 2 Fork – Complex Ideas
CHAPTER 3 Fork – Mind the Move Order
CHAPTER 4 Double Threat
CHAPTER 5 Hidden Resources
CHAPTER 6 Pin and Skewer Introduction
CHAPTER 7 Tactics Serves Strategy!
CHAPTER 8 Pin, Skewer, Discovered Checks – Complex Ideas
CHAPTER 9 Decoy and Deflection Introduction
CHAPTER 10 Decoy and Deflection – Complex Ideas
CHAPTER 11 Deflection – Unexpected Moves
CHAPTER 12 Deflection in the Endgames
CHAPTER 13 Intermediate Moves – Introduction
CHAPTER 14 Intermediate Strategic Moves
CHAPTER 15 Intermediate Moves – Complex Ideas
CHAPTER 16 Intermediate Moves in the Endgames
BLITZ Blitz Session