In chess, braving the gap often leads to disaster after a few moves. We should be able to avoid things going so far. The ChessBase Opening Encyclopaedia offers you an effective remedy against all sorts of semi-digested knowledge and a means of building up a comprehensive and powerful repertoire.
The Opening Encyclopaedia 2014 features complete coverage of all opening areas on a single DVD and constitutes the best possible introduction to opening training.
Many renowned specialists in their own area of expertise have contributed to this Chess Base Opening Encyclopaedia, e.g. Anand, Avrukh, Grivas, Krasenkow, Kritz, Kuzmin, Marin, Moskalenko, Postny, Ribli, Rogozenko, and Stohl.
Club players regularly find in ChessBase Magazine’s up-to-date openings articles (introductory text + annotated games) exciting ideas for their repertoire. You can now find brought together on this single DVD all 799 articles from over 10 years of ChessBase Magazine (up to and including the March 2014 issue)!
For each of the 500 openings (according to the ECO-code), there is at least one opening survey; total number now is over 5500. Out of those, more than 300 have been updated for this new edition of the encyclopedia.
Inexhaustible: a database with over 4.5 million, more than 80 000 games are annotated.
- Over 4.9 million games, all featuring ECO codes more than 83 000 of them annotated
- Over 5500 opening surveys, many of which have been brought up to date
- Access to the games via the large opening key
- 799 specialized theory databases
- Large opening book of all the games to give you a quick overview and statistics
- The new ChessBase Reader 2013 for access to the whole content of the DVD