So you think you’re ready to train with a grandmaster? You’re probably right… But lessons with a GM aren’t easy to come by. There are only so many grandmasters in the world and the demand for their time means lessons can be expensive.
You will be getting 9+ hours of premium chess training, in which Mesgen forces you to dig deep into the position – “does Black have any defensive resources?”, “how valuable is the opponent’s compensation?” – naturally improving your in-game thought processes.
Question → analysis → feedback.
Mesgen’s coaching methods have helped Team USA win 3 gold medals at the World Youth Championships in 2011, 2017 and 2018 – this is training that creates champions!
“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.”
About the Author
Mesgen Amanov is a chess grandmaster from Turkmenistan. He is currently the highest-rated player in his country and so far he has represented Turkmenistan in 4 Chess Olympiads.
Grandmaster Mesgen Amanov has been a professional chess player and coach for more than 12 years.
Over that time, he has been able to help hundreds of students significantly improve their chess. Many of them have been able to move from chess beginners to experts and masters.
So what are the lessons about?
Chess is a game of secrets and revealing the theme of the training just makes it too easy for you to find the right idea.
You don’t get that kind of help in a real game… and it pays to train as you play.
GM Amanov starts each lesson with a warm-up position like this (diagram, White to play) – just as he does in private coaching. Something to kickstart your chess brain.
Then Mesgen presents you with a position rich in possibilities and challenges you to find out what’s really going on.
Strategy, calculation, considering hidden defenses… you will need to work every chess skill to come out on top.
What to expect…
- There are 15 lessons, each taking at least an hour to complete.
- Most lessons have multiple high-quality training positions.
- You’re going to be training your calculation and strategy every step of the way.
- Most of the positions are taken from complex but logical middlegames and practical endgames.
- The lessons are challenging – they’re meant to stretch you. You’re not supposed to get everything right the first time. This is about learning and improving.
The complete, annotated PGN file is included too, so you can check your analysis or play out the positions against the computer.
Revealing details of the content would defeat the purpose of these lessons but, if you’ve ever watched a Mesgen Amanov course before, you’ll know the guy puts out training material of the highest quality.
- If you find that the stuff you usually study never comes up at the board, this is for you.
- If you want a GM to point out deep positional themes, this is for you.
- If you want to massively improve your calculation and chess vision so you can find genius moves like …Rh7!! (diagram – don’t worry, this isn’t a spoiler!) this is for you.
If you want to sit back and be entertained without having to think… uh, yeah, this is NOT for you!