Mastering The Center in Chess with IM Mat Kolosowski
In his new 10-hour course, IM Mat Kolosowski reveals the many secrets of mastering the center in chess, and how you can use them to dominate your games.
IM Kolosowski has taken these advanced concepts and presented them in a way that any ambitious player will be able to understand and use.
Every chess player knows the CENTER is critical… but most just stick a pawn on d4 or e4, drop a knight on f3 and start attacking.
And they wonder why it doesn’t work…
However, their bad habit is your golden ticket…
Learn the secrets of advanced central control and you will:
- Enjoy hyperactive pieces that dominate every key square, paralyzing your rival’s play.
- Be able to lock or open the center when it favors you, leaving your opponent scrambling to react.
- Know which flank to attack and where to place your pieces for the best chance of success.
- Find deep strategic ideas that give you a winning endgame – if your opponent lasts that long!
Very few club players really understand all there is to know about the center in chess… now YOU can be one of them.
About the Author:
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalist. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship.
During the course of his chess career, Kołosowski won many international tournaments. Apart from being a chess player, he is also a chess coach who has experience in working with students from more than 20 countries.
So far he helped a few of them in obtaining their own international titles. Mat has also performed live commentary of Polish and European Rapid and Blitz Championships.
How is this course going to help me?
Every single chess player at the beginning of his chess career learns that the center in chess is a particularly important area of the board.
While occupying the center with both pawns and pieces facilitates better control of the game as well as increases the number of possibilities of transferring the pieces from one side of the board to the other one, it is also important to know how to use the center for attacking purposes.
In this video course, we have decided to discuss an issue which is rarely found in textbooks. Thus, the course you are about to watch covers presentation of how one should play depending on the type of the center.
By learning that there is more than one type of a center you will already be way ahead of many players.
Some of what IM Kolosowski reveals:
- Powerful attack formations in closed positions. Just when your opponent has settled in for a slow maneuvering game, you blow open the position and lay siege to the enemy king! See how the great Larry Christiansen used this idea to turn this position into a win just 5 moves later.
- The 2 things you need to crush with a queenside avalanche without having to worry about getting mated. (See how Kasparov lost to this in just 31 moves as White in chapter 6!)
- How to use the center to maximize your space advantage – and what to do next to convert that space into material superiority.
IM Kolosowski has taken these advanced concepts and presented them in a way that any ambitious player will be able to understand and use. Now it is your move!