No products in the cart.
Ever wondered how far you could go in chess? In an age where teenage kids are becoming grandmasters, what could you achieve with the right training? It’s time to find out.
Lemos Manifesto 2k: From 1500 to 2500 is the result of 8 years of research, experience and investigation. It’s a complete chess course providing a clear path through the “barriers” that hold most players back.
67+ hours split over 4 levels – each one designed to build on the skills and knowledge you gained on the previous level.
GM Damian Lemos – the resident iChess GM – first came up with the idea when he noticed just how many players lacked direction in their training when they came to him.
They would solve some tactics, look up an opening move, learn by trial-and-error… a really haphazard way to approach training.
No other discipline, no degree subject, would be approached this way – why did people think it would work with chess?
It soon became clear that there just wasn’t a comprehensive program out there. Sure, there were books and videos on individual skills, but nothing serious had been done to bring it all together… to help mold players into the finished article.
That’s when the Club Player’s Manifesto was born. A series of 10 courses that gave players the skills and knowledge they needed to compete and win… without the serious holes in their game that keep so many players from progressing.
Positional chess, tactics, attacking play… all presented in an easy-to-follow format.
It was a game-changer, finally giving dedicated players the chance to improve their game without needing to take expensive, private lessons with a GM.
The following year saw the Club Player’s Manifesto expanded with another 10 courses, explaining the more advanced skills required to hit the 1900 FIDE level.
The Manifesto has been a huge hit for years. We get emails every week crediting the Manifesto with changing a player’s fortunes, helping them beat their rivals and leave them behind.
Then came the GM Manifesto, a further 10 courses showing how Grandmasters overcome tough resistance with elite-level tactical and positional concepts. The ideas revealed here have helped several students get their first title.
Now, the finishing touch… Club Player’s Manifesto 2k – a magical mystery tour of the real chess secrets, using examples from top-level play to elevate your understanding and reprogram the way you think.
And when you start thinking like a Grandmaster, you start playing like one.
What makes THIS course different from all the rest?
Firstly, this isn’t just a few tactical tricks you may never get to use, or simple positional concepts you’ve heard a thousand times before.
Damian tackles the big stuff, like how to cut through the noise in complex positions, identifying the critical line in the few minutes you get per move.
Or how to extinguish your opponent’s counterplay before it ever gets started, using advanced prophylaxis… the skill Mark Dvoretsky insisted showed the real strength of a player.
GM Lemos is teaching you the advanced skills that will take you to 2300-2400 FIDE. Skills that, once learned, stick with you forever.
Even the presentation is different. We used a two camera setup and real board to give the immersive feel of an in-person lesson – all shot in glorious 1080P Full HD.
Some of what Damian covers…
- Making moves work. Forcing moves, the initiative, attacking play, sacrifices… we want to force issues, to take control… but know you can’t just play something aggressive and ‘hope’ it works. We examine WHY these moves work, using elite level examples like Wei Yi’s stunning mating attack (diagram).
- Falsification. Let’s face it, you’re not going to learn much if I just point out the right move in every position. We have to consider all the candidate moves and find out why some don’t work. We train this ‘falsification’ process in every game, improving your ability to avoid blunders and home in on the best moves quicker.
- Advanced positional secrets. You already know you should occupy and control key squares or lines… but would you be willing to sac a pawn for a square? 2 pawns? We discuss how to weigh up these decisions so you can start playing moves like Kramnik’s c5! and b4! (diagram).
Every game is a one-on-one lesson with GM Lemos. From your view of a real board to him asking you what you think of the position, what your goal is, and how you’d continue
Take these lessons and you will internalize the process of finding world-class moves… even in complex positions. Intuition navigates chaos.
About the Author:
Damian Lemos is a grandmaster from Argentina with a peak rating of 2559 Elo.
In his lessons, Damian works closely with students to first identify the flaws and weaknesses in their games so that they can be properly evaluated and corrected.
By developing specifically-tailored training regimens for every one of his students, Grandmaster Lemos is able to achieve results that other chess coaches dream of.
Courses Included in this Bundle:
- Club Player’s Manifesto (Empire Chess Volumes 51-60)
- Club Player’s Manifesto Advanced (Empire Chess Volumes 71-80)
- The Grandmaster Manifesto (Empire Chess Volumes 91-100)
- Club Player’s Manifesto 2k: Intuition Navigates Chaos
Club Player’s Manifesto 2K – GM Damian Lemos
Are you ready to finally smash that 2000 FIDE barrier?
After “how can I get better at chess”, the next most-heard question is “what do I have to do to hit 2000 FIDE?”
Only 5% of serious (rated) chess players ever reach the 2k level. It’s a major accomplishment, one that places you in the most-respected group of players.
Not everyone has the huge amount of spare time required to hit IM or GM-level, but GM Lemos firmly believes ANY reasonably smart, ambitious person can reach 2000 FIDE… with the right training.
The 12-hour Club Player’s Manifesto 2k is all about developing the skills and understanding needed to find strong moves in any position.
How is this course going to help me?
With GM Lemos, you’ll analyze 50 of the most instructive games from grandmaster chess… each one teaching something new in 1 of 7 categories:
- Thought Process & Calculation
Thinking outside of the box: take a look at this position. White is loading up against e6 (and f7), ready to play f5 and Ne4-d6. What do you do? Play …Re8 and …Nf8 to protect e6? Seems sensible… what about playing …f6? Blunder? No – it leads to a crushing attack for Black!
- Evaluation & Strategy
- Forcing Moves
Making moves work. Forcing moves, the initiative, attacking play, sacrifices… we want to force issues, to take control… but know you can’t just play something aggressive and ‘hope’ it works. We examine WHY these moves work, using elite level examples
- Sacrifices & Navigating Chaos
GM Lemos always teaches “Trust your position. Believe there is a resource.” He’ll also give you step-by-step processes to find winning/saving moves.
- Pattern Recognition Creates Intuition
Going over several exercises with the same pattern will help you develop your intuition whenever the pattern is present in your tournament play.
- Prophylaxis = Control
- The Squeeze – Converting Advantages
The Club Player’s Manifesto Part 1 (Empire Chess Volumes 51-60)
The Club Player’s Manifesto Series is a comprehensive approach to learning the core essentials for club players up to Candidate Master.
- Volume 51: GM Attacks for Club Players
- Volume 52: Attacking with Forcing Moves
- Volume 53: GM Strategy for Club Players
- Volume 54: World Champion Strategy
- Volume 55: Aggressive Chess Guide
- Volume 56: Control the Center
- Volume 57: Positional Chess Guide
- Volume 58: Master the Middlegame
- Volume 59: Defensive Domination
- Volume 60: Tactical Chess Guide
Club Player’s Manifesto Part 2 (Empire Chess Volumes 71-80)
This 10-course collection contains over 19 hours of premium chess instruction and focuses primarily on developing the correct plans and ideas at every moment for the white and black pieces.
Viewers will learn through the various master games, how to learn to defend ourselves, to change how you think, and a lot more content and techniques.
As part of the Empire Chess Expert Edition for Advanced Players you will receive additional training materials, including tactics puzzles relevant to the DVD topic to reinforce your understanding of critical concepts, an extended PDF file to explain the key points further in textbook style, and the PGNs for every game covered in the courses.
- Volume 71: Ultra Deep Strategy – Techniques Of The Super GMs
- Volume 72: Learn To Defend As A GM
- Volume 73: Super GM’S Guide To Positional Chess
- Volume 74: Aggressive Attacks: The Most Aggressive Attacks In History
- Volume 75: How Super GMs Think – Change your Mindset!
- Volume 76: Middlegame Transition Guide: How GMs Transition From Opening to Middlegame
- Volume 77: Attack Like a Super GM
- Volume 78: Counterattack Like a Super GM
- Volume 79: Super GM Tactics
- Volume 80: Killer Combinations
The Grandmaster Manifesto (Empire Chess Volumes 91-100)
Get ready to supercharge your chess with the Grandmaster Manifesto.
Following on from his hugely popular Club Player’s Manifesto, GM Damian Lemos returns with a 10-course bundle designed to take your chess to a whole new level.
Using the same “one-on-one” coaching style of the Club Player’s Manifesto, GM Lemos teaches you the advanced material and insights necessary to achieve master titles and beyond.
To succeed at the higher levels of chess you need a refined understanding and technique. It’s all too easy to repeat what has served you well at lower levels but this won’t get you wins against stronger players.
The Grandmaster Manifesto will save you from many painful defeats, frustrating draws and years of trial-and-error by giving you the key information you need to compete at the top level.
GM Lemos reveals all of the key concepts that enabled him to earn the Grandmaster title, all of the lessons he had to learn the hard way and gives you the advice he wishes he had been given when he started his journey to GM.
The Grandmaster Manifesto is designed for advanced players (2000 ) but ambitious players with a lower rating will still benefit from it.
This 17-hour course will teach you:
- Why Kasparov thought tactics were trivial compared to strategy
- How the giants of strategy provoke weaknesses, convert advantages and use prophylaxis
- To reduce defeats through cool defense, even encouraging unsound attacks
- The pawn formations that win games
- Karpov’s “dark art” of purposeful maneuvering in closed positions
- To master the principle of two weaknesses
- Petrosian’s python strategy
- How to calculate complicated variations
- How to build small advantages quickly to get a superior position
- The secret to imposing your will on your opponent
- Volume 91: Crushing Strategy – Damian Lemos
- Volume 92: Dominant Defense – Damian Lemos
- Volume 93: Mastering the Middlegame I – Damian Lemos
- Volume 94: Mastering the Middlegame II – Damian Lemos
- Volume 95: Positional Mastery – Damian Lemos
- Volume 96: Master the Classics – Damian Lemos
- Volume 97: Master Attacks I – Damian Lemos
- Volume 98: Master Attacks II – Damian Lemos
- Volume 99: Aggressive Chess Domination I – Damian Lemos
- Volume 100: Aggressive Chess Domination II – Damian Lemos