White picks solid lines, making it hard for Black to obtain a good counter-play with realistic winning chances.
That’s why most games after 1.d4 either end in a draw or solely controlled by White.
The King’s Indian Defense is different.
Trusted by the top attacking minds from Kasparov, Fischer and Tal to Nakamura and Rajabov, the King’s Indian has a well-deserved reputation of “1.d4 slayer”.
If you are looking for an opening system to beat 1.d4, then the King’s Indian Defense should be your top pick.
Few words of warning…
The position on the board tends to be sharp and complicated. If you want to beat white after 1.d4… this is the way to go.
This opening is perfect for both attacking and positional players.
If you like to attack and take charge of the game, there are razor-sharp variations just for you!
On the other hand, if you are a positional player pick from one of the safer options to outplay your opponent.
About the Author:
IM Milovan Ratkovic has wide experience as a chess coach and a player – this can be seen in his resumé which includes diverse accolades such as being a Serbian Junior Champion. Some of his top students have been able to reach 2400 Elo! IM Ratkovic is an active tournament player and one of his near-future goals is obtaining the Grandmaster title.
His dedication to the game and eagerness to share his knowledge makes him one of the best chess coaches out there.
What is this course going to teach me?
- All-round bulletproof opening preparation against 1.d4 based on the King’s Indian Defense as played by Ding Liren, Svidler, and Mamedyarov! This is a very powerful, yet easy-to-learn system that will serve you a lifetime.
- Complete plans breakdown for EVERY popular KID variations including the Main Line, Saemisch, 4-Pawns Attack, Kramer, and Makogonov! IM Ratkovic gives you a full mindmap of the opening to make sure you have a solid weapon against anything white can attempt.
- Dismantling the sidelines like a super-GM. IM Ratkovic gives you a complete blueprint to dominate the off-beat lines including Trompowsky Attack, Colle System, Fianchetto, Larsen, and Double fianchetto!
- Flexible Variations. Whether you are an attacking or a positional player you’ll find a line that suits your playing style and ambitious goals!
- Adjustable theory. Maximize your winning chances by selecting opening lines based on your opponent’s strength. Confuse lower-rated players with a rare continuation or hit a higher rated player with a strong novelty!
Let’s get this fantastic opening from IM Ratkovic!
King’s Indian Defense Opening Lab – video course [10 hours]
In this 10-hour Opening Lab on King’s Indian Defense, IM Milovan Ratkovic reveals everything you need to know to destroy opponents of any level in a vicious attacking style of Tal and Fischer!
Complete set of PGNs
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of everything covered so that you can analyze it at your own pace and convenience. A must-have treasure chest for any serious player.
Access to Practicum
Train the important attacking motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.