The Sicilian Defense is the sharpest and most complicated opening system in chess. Luckily for all you 1. e4 players, there is an easy way to sidestep memorizing a billion different lines in the Sicilian Defense – you can play an early sideline like the c3 Sicilian and specialize in a narrow opening system.
The ¨Killer c3 Sicilian¨ features high-quality analysis by Irish International Master Sam Collins who brings a very fresh and young perspective to this chess DVD. With over 4.5 hours of expert instruction, you will feel overwhelmingly confident against opponents who love to bust out the complicated Sicilian Defense.
The c3 Sicilian, also known as the Alapin Variation, is an extremely effective weapon that is suitable for chess players of all strengths. Many of the world´s leading grandmasters such as Michael Adams and Sergei Tiviakov frequently employ the c3 Sicilian – proving the validity of this opening at the highest level.
Former Irish Champion IM Sam Collins makes this chess DVD unforgettable as he explains the fundamental principles and ideas behind this fascinating opening with a killer sense of humor and presentation.
KILLER C3 SICILIAN INDEX
Part 1 DVD Introduction
1: Model Game: Motwani – Collins, British Championship 2003
2: Introductory Game: Filipovic – Jakoljevic, Teslic 2006
3: Introduction to 8…dxe5 9 d5 – Pawn Sacrifice
4: Theory A: 8…d5
5: Theory B: 8…dxe5 9.d5 Na5 10.Nc3 Nxb3
6: Theory C: 8…dxe5 9.d5 Na5 10.Nc3 f6
7: Theory D: 8…dxe5 9.d5 Na5 10.Nc3 Bg4
Part 2: 2…Nf6 3.e5 Nd5 4.d4 cxd4 5.Nf3
8: Introductory Game: Radjabov – Dominguez Perez, Linares 2009
9: Theory A: 7…Be7
10: Theory B: 7…Nb6
Part 3: 5…e6 6 cxd4 b6
11: Theory: 5…e6 6 cxd4 b6 7 Bd3
Part 4: 2…d5 3 exd5 Qxd5 4 d4: Systems with …Nf6
12: Introductory Game: Tiviakov – Idani, Fajr Open 2010
13: Theory: 4…Nf6 5 Nf3 Bg4
14: Introductory Game: Howell – Ringoir, Liverpool 2008
15: Theory: 4…Nf6 5 Nf3 e6 6 a3!
Part 5: 2…d5 3 exd5 Qxd5 4 d4: Systems without …Nf6
Part 5:1 4…Nc6 5 Nf3 Bg4
16: Introductory Game: Collins – Griffiths, Kilkenny 2009
17: Theory: 5…Bg4
Part 5:2 4…Nc6 5 Nf3 cxd4 6.cxd4 e5
18: Theory: 4…Nc6 5 Nf3 cxd4 6 cxd4 e5
Part 5:3 4…Nc6 5 Nf3 Nf6
19: Theory: 4…Nc6 5 Nf3 Nf6
Part 6: 2…d5 3.exd5 Qxd5 4.d4 g6
20: Introductory Game: Collins – Ivanisevic, Tromso 2010
22: Part 7: Other Defences: 2…d6
23: Part 8: Other Defences: 2…g6
24: Part 9: Other Defences: 2…e6
25: Part 10: Other 2nd moves for Black
26: Part 11: Move Orders
27: Part 12: Conclusion
- Follow International Master and former Irish Champion Sam Collins as he explains the fundamental principles and ideas behind this fascinating opening.
- Year by year the c3 Sicilian, otherwise known as the Alapin Variation, has become increasingly popular
- It offers White the opportunity to be flexible in teh chess opening
- The positions that arise from this opening can be either tactical or positional
- Employed by some of the world’s leading Grandmasters such as Michael Adams and Sergei Tiviakov, the c3 Sicilian is the perfect opening for any player wishing to find a reliable and easy to learn system against the Sicilian Defense.
Run-time: 4 hours 30 minutes