Intuition Navigates Chaos Megabundle
This series is intended for the player who is serious about breaking through to the next level in their chess, with comprehensive training from the world’s top chess coaches and players. Here’s what is included in this bundle:
Club Player’s Manifesto 2K – GM Damian Lemos
After “how can I get better at chess”, the next most-heard question is “what do I have to do to hit 2000 FIDE?”
Only 5% of serious (rated) chess players ever reach the 2k level. It’s a major accomplishment, one that places you in the most-respected group of players.
Not everyone has the huge amount of spare time required to hit IM or GM-level, but GM Lemos firmly believes ANY reasonably smart, ambitious person can reach 2000 FIDE… with the right training.
The 12-hour Club Player’s Manifesto 2k is all about developing the skills and understanding needed to find strong moves in any position.
Super GM Skill Set – GM Sam Shankland
2700 Club Member Sam Shankland is back! This course isn’t for the feint of heart – GM Shankland believes that active learning is the best way to learn, and the more work you put in, the more you’ll improve.
Sam’s premise is that while knowledge is important and useful, it’s your skills that decide how well you can play the game – a distinction missed by many players.
The Super GM Skill Set helps you develop your skills to an advanced level by testing your decision-making and evaluation ability as though you were playing against a top GM.
“I don’t believe in passive learning… if you pause your video and think about these positions, you’re definitely going to train your ability to make decisions.”
– GM Sam Shankland, The SuperGM Skill Set.
This course is all about improving your actual skill, making you a better player… instead of just being the same player with slightly more knowledge.
Accelerate your Chess
The GingerGM is back!
Following on from his two hugely popular Master Methods, “GingerGM” Simon Williams has produced a 15-hour course designed to take you to the next level in your chess.
Simon has collected the games that led to breakthroughs in his own development, and takes you through each one in such a way that you make the discoveries for yourself – a far more powerful method of teaching/learning than simply giving you the answers.
Each lesson works on at least one of seven areas: Strategy, calculation, prophylaxis, forcing moves, navigating chaos, pattern recognition, and converting advantages – the key skills you need to succeed at the highest levels.
One of the major benefits of this course is that you’re studying games packed with instructive value – it’s a real goldmine of chess secrets. Every lesson brings with it an “aha!” moment… and saves you years of painful trial-and-error going through games that just aren’t that useful.
Presented with Simon’s trademark combination of humor and clear insight, this is the perfect way to accelerate your chess improvement.
INC Turbo – Evaluation & Strategy with GM Damian Lemos
Some months ago, GM Damian launched his Intuition Navigates Chaos course The Club Player’s Manifesto 2k, a chess strategy course designed to help you improve your strategic play.
It was also meant to elevate your chess understanding and thought processes to master level, covering everything from sacrifices and forcing moves to prophylaxis and pattern recognition.
Hopefully you’ve taken that course and are already reaping the benefits… now GM Lemos took things a step further with his new INC – Turbo series.
This is all about turbocharging your improvement with super-rich examples that will light up the shadowy areas of your chess understanding.
It’s high-level stuff but GM Lemos has broken it down so anyone who’s reasonably smart will get it… and we know you’re smart or you wouldn’t have read this far.
The first course goes deep on Evaluation and Strategy and it’s 4 hours long.
About the Authors:
Damian Lemos is a grandmaster from Argentina with a peak rating of 2559 Elo. In his lessons, Damian works closely with students to first identify the flaws and weaknesses in their games so that they can be properly evaluated and corrected. By developing specifically-tailored training regimens for every one of his students, Grandmaster Lemos is able to achieve results that other chess coaches dream of.
Sam Shankland is an American Chess Grandmaster and the 2018 US National Chess Champion. He is a mainstay of the US Olympic Team, a two-time Olympiad Gold Medallist (2014 and 2016), a former World U-18 co-champion (2008), Champion of the Strong Capablanca in Memoriam (2018), Continental Champion of the Americas (2018), and the winner of several international events. He has worked as an analyst for the reigning World Champion, Magnus Carlsen, training with him to prepare for the 2014 and 2016 World Championship matches. He is one of the strongest chess players in the world, having crossed the 2700-Elo barrier and having reached as high as #24 in the world.
GM Simon Williams (aka Ginger GM) is an English chess grandmaster, author, and commentator. He obtained Grandmaster the Grandmaster title 2008, by accomplishing the final norm at the Hastings International Chess Congress 2005/2006 and the 2500+ rating at Hastings 2007/2008. His highest rating so far is 2550, achieved in November 2009. In 2009, he organized the Big Slick International in Purley, London, which comprised an invitational GM tournament and FIDE Rated Open.
In 2005, he won the British Blitz Championship.
He was the joint winner with Gawain Jones of the London Chess Classic FIDE Rated Open in December 2010, with a rating performance of 2690.
How is this bundle going to help me?
With GM Lemos, you’ll analyze 50 of the most instructive games from grandmaster chess… each one teaching something new in 1 of 7 categories:
Thinking outside of the box: take a look at this position. White is loading up against e6 (and f7), ready to play f5 and Ne4-d6. What do you do? Play …Re8 and …Nf8 to protect e6? Seems sensible… what about playing …f6? Blunder? No – it leads to a crushing attack for Black!
- Evaluation & Strategy
- Forcing Moves
Making moves work. Forcing moves, the initiative, attacking play, sacrifices… we want to force issues, to take control… but know you can’t just play something aggressive and ‘hope’ it works. We examine WHY these moves work, using elite level examples.
If you’ve watched one of GM Shankland’s courses before, you know 15 hours of his lessons are equivalent to 25-30 hours of most other courses.
He packs his courses with quality content, focusing on the critical decisions and expecting you to pause the video for anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes to think about the position.
- Making the right decision. Even seemingly small decisions can have a big impact on your game. Take a look at this position. White has just captured a knight on f6 with his Bishop, giving Black three ways to recapture. Which would you choose?
- Succeed at the higher levels in chess, if you want to succeed, you need to develop your skill set. Memorizing ideas is all well and good, but what really decides games is your ability. As former US Champion Sam Shankland points out, real games require many different skills – it’s not enough to rely on your calculation or positional understanding alone.
- Develop your skills through training and feedback. You will have to pause the video at critical moments and treat the positions as you would if you were playing an important game. Then comes the feedback, a 2700-rated player pointing out why some ideas work and others don’t – and how you can discern between similar options in your games.
Regarding GM Simon Williams‘ course, it’s always a special occasion whenever the British grandmaster releases a new course… and this might just be his best yet.
The whole point of this series is to transfer the skills and knowledge of the masters to you – closing that gap without you having to spend 1000s of hours of painstaking trial-and-error to get there.
s part of our Intuition Navigates Chaos series, Accelerate Your Chess takes things a step further… focusing on teaching the skills and strategies you need to succeed at the highest levels.
- Blindfold training. One of the best things you can do to improve your calculation and awareness of each piece’s power – see the board and pieces with eyes closed! Simon reveals his favorite technique for training this high-level skill.
- Chaos theory. You will learn to love chaos… the murky waters where you swim and others drown. Simon teaches you the special way of thinking that helps you find spectacular winning moves in positions like this (diagram, White to play).
- Pattern tracing. Whether it’s an attack formation or positional maneuver, you want to be absorbing as many beneficial patterns as you can. Section 5 sees Simon explains how to deconstruct winning ideas to make them easy to remember and use.
- Continuous improvement. You’ve got a slightly better position but no weaknesses to attack… what do you do? GM Williams takes you through some classics to internalize the ‘3 Ps’ of prophylaxis, pressure, and patience.