Chess Olympiad Coach GM Marian Petrov Reveals…
The Complete Opening Repertoire for Black Based on Grunfeld Defense
Many great players of the past Garry Kasparov, Bobby Fischer, Anatoly Karpov, and nearly all top Grandmasters today Magnus Carlsen, Vishy Anand, Fabiano Caruana, Boris Gelfand have one thing in common.
When a lot is at stake, they turn to Grunfeld.
Grunfeld Defense is the opening that is played everywhere from World Championship Matches to Club Level. It is a very flexible opening, giving black all the chances for a successful attack… if you know what you are doing.
Understand the main ideas, learn key principles and you will be rewarded with TONs of unexpected victories against opponents you’ve never even dreamed of beating!
In this 10.5-hour Mastermind, GM Marian Petrov gives you a complete opening repertoire for Black based on Grunfeld Defense!
About the Author
GM Marian Petrov is an accomplished professional chess coach, theorist, and Bulgarian champion for 2002 and 2017, as well as winner of many open tournaments around the world. Also a FIDE trainer and coach of the team of Wales at the last Olympiad in Baku in 2016. He graduated from the National Sports Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria with a Bachelor’s degree in Chess Pedagogy, a four-year undergraduate program designed to prepare top-level chess trainers.
Here is what it will do for you:
Learn powerful strategies against…
- The solid e3. People LOVE playing e3 in these lines. It protects d4, opens up the line for Bxc4, gets White one step closer to castling… what should Black do? Marian reveals a surprising pawn strategy that lets you set up basecamp on d3, infiltrating behind enemy lines and ending the war early!
- The aggressive Bishop. You need to fight fire with fire! Luckily the way to beat back White’s attack has been finely illustrated by Carlsen and Vachier-Lagrave… and deconstructed here by GM Petrov! See how White’s impressive position simply collapses after a few key moves (diagram).
- The Qb3 variation. White wants to force us to take on c4 or start defending d5. GM Petrov shows how to get an enormous initiative as Black by giving up the center and taking on c4. Even the great Anand got chewed up and spat out in just 26 moves against the plan Marian recommends!
- Magnus’s Secret – a very simple method that allowed him to quickly demolish Aronian’s position, with no need to worry about the counter-attack
- How to instinctively make the strongest moves even if the position gets out of your control?
- Fabiano’s Depth – the powerful attacking setup that allows you to dictate the game from start to finish
- Anti-Center Mastery – Kasparov’s ingenious way for undermining white’s center and gaining instant initiative boost [use THIS in all your games]
- The complete array of advanced level techniques and ideas for keeping your pieces on the board and ending the game in your favor
Everything you need to become a deadly Grunfeld player, all in one brilliantly taught 10-hour course.
GM Petrov does a superb job clearly explaining every main-line, side-line, and transposition making sure you’re armed with a world-class opening preparation that will serve you a lifetime.
Study this course, master the Grunfeld and you will see every1.d4 game as an opportunity for “0-1” playing Black!