In this video series, Grandmaster Jan Gustafsson deals with the Italian Game (1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4), an old opening that has recently exploded in popularity at the very highest level.
He provides a complete repertoire for Black, with the main focus on facing the Giuoco Piano, including such famous tries as the Evans Gambit.
Learn a complete repertoire against the Italian Game!
Additional information about the video
Grandmaster Jan Gustafsson welcomes you to his new video series on the Italian, the hugely popular chess opening that begins 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4.
- Introducing the Italian
- 3…Bc5 or 3…Nf6?
- Introducing the Giuoco Piano
- 4.c3 Nf6 5.d3 0-0 6.0-0 d5 intro and 8.Re1/8.Nbd2
- 4.c3 Nf6 5.d3 0-0 6.0-0 d5 7.exd5 Nxd5 8.a4!?
- 4.0-0 Nf6 5.d3 0-0 6.h3, 6.Bb3 and other ways to delay c3
- c3-d3-Bg5, c3-d3-Nbd2 and early b2-b4s
- 4.c3 Nf6 5.d4 exd4 6.cxd4
- 4.c3 Nf6 5.d4 exd4 6.e5
- 4.d4 and 5.d4 gambits
- The Evans Gambit 4.b4
- The symmetrical Italian