GM Simon Williams on this DVD: “The English Opening was my first love and this was the opening that I used to progress from the rank amateur player to 2400+ International Master.
I will now share my secrets of this opening with you, in the hope that the English Opening can help you improve in a similar way.
My main teaching method behind this set of two DVDs is to teach you some simple yet effective set ups, without the need to rely on memorising numerous complicated variations.
The DVD covers:
- The Reversed Sicilian – 1 c4 e5 2 Nc3 Nc6 3 Nc3 Nf6 4 d4!?
- An early …f5 – 1 c4 e5 2 Nc3 Nc6 3 Nf3 f5 4 d4!
- An early …g6 – 1 c4 e5 2 Nc3 Nc6 3 Nf3 g6 4 d4!
- 2…Bb4 – 1 c4 e5 2 Nc3 Bb4
- Mikenas-Carls variation – 1 c4 Nf6 2 Nc3 e6 3 e4!?
- A unique idea against 1…e6 and …d5 – 1 c4 e6 2 Nc3 d5 3 e3!?
- Crazy lines from Black
I have explained what you are trying to achieve with each English opening move and set up, then you will know what plans to put into motion in the middlegame and endgame.”
- Video running time: 6 hours 21 minutes
- With interactive training including video feedback
- Training database with over 50 essential games
- Including CB 12 Reader
About the Author:
GM Simon Williams became an IM in 1998 and a grandmaster in 2008.
For the last 15 years, he has concentrated on teaching, playing, and making instructional chess DVDs.
His playing style is very aggressive, preferring attacking chess to positional grinds, hence why he is perfect for DVDs such as the London System and the Chigorin!
Williams is the author of numerous chess books. His first chess book, ‘Play the Classical Dutch’ got voted in New in Chess as one of the top 10 chess books of all time.
Minimum: Pentium III 1 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Windows Vista, XP (Service Pack 3), DirectX9 graphic card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, Windows Media Player 9, ChessBase 12/Fritz 13 or included Reader and internet connection for program activation.
Recommended: PC Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Windows 7 or Windows 8, DirectX10 graphic card (or compatible) with 512 MB RAM or better, 100% DirectX10 compatible sound card, Windows Media Player 11, DVD-ROM drive and internet connection for program activation.