The Dutch Defense: The Ultimate Guide with GM Simon Williams
The Classical Dutch Defense is a fantastic defense system against 1. d4 that is guaranteed to catch your opponent by surprise.
The main lines of the Dutch Defense include the Leningrad Dutch with an early kingside fianchetto, and the Dutch Stonewall Defense with a closed center and pawns on f5, e6, and d5.
However, in the Classical Dutch Defense, Black strives to rapidly challenge White for control of the center with moves like f5, e6, and later d6 and e5 – building a dynamic pawn wall that puts strong pressure on white.
Grandmaster Simon Williams is the world’s leading expert on the Classical Dutch Defense, and the British GM is certainly not shy about sharing his secrets in this premium 6 hour DVD.
He analyzes victories and defeats in the Classical Dutch so that the viewer understands the keys to success and how to avoid common positional and tactical pitfalls.
About the Author:
GM Simon Williams (aka GingerGM) is a popular English chess grandmaster, author, and commentator.
He obtained the Grandmaster title in 2008 by accomplishing the final norm at the Hastings International Chess Congress 2005/2006 and the 2500+ rating at Hastings 2007/2008.
In 2009, he organized the Big Slick International in Purley, London, which comprised an invitational GM tournament and FIDE Rated Open.
- In 2003, he finished second at the British Chess Championship.
- In 2005, he won the British Blitz Championship.
- In 2009, Williams finished equal first at the Southend Chess Congress all-play-all tournament.
- He was the joint winner with Gawain Jones of the London Chess Classic FIDE Rated Open in December 2010, with a rating performance of 2690.
How is this going to help me?
The ¨Killer Dutch¨ is an innovative chess DVD that mixes strong educational content with highly entertaining editing to keep the viewers on their heels.
You never know what to expect as the DVD switches from a traditional chess DVD format with GM Simon Williams explaining lines at the board with a computer, to exciting scenes from chess boxing matches, simultaneous displays, and ridiculous exhibition matches with human-sized pieces.
All joking aside, GM Williams’ expertise in the Classical Dutch Defense is unquestionable. He has published a best-selling book on the opening and does a fantastic job of incorporating this material and building on it with exciting new research.
Is this Course for me?
If you are looking for an exciting defense against 1. d4 that will catch your opponents by surprise and give you an immediate edge in the opening, the ¨Killer Dutch¨ chess DVD is the solution!
- The author explores the spectrum of exciting opportunities that Black will encounter when playing the Dutch Defense.
- Follow Simon as he introduces the main ideas and theory behind The Classical Dutch.
- Navigating through the DVD is made simple with easy-to-follow menus.
- Simon conducts this tutorial in a 3x camera “Green Screen” virtual TV studio.
- With a running time of over 6 hours, this innovative chess tutorial DVD is a serious value for money.