Chess Endgames: Practical Endgame Mastery with IM Mat Kolosowski
IM Mat Kolosowski has produced a 10-hour masterclass on endgame technique, everything you need to guarantee you get the win – and the rating points and tournament prizes that come with it. These are ideas that, once learned, will win you points game after game for the rest of your life. Techniques to play top-notch chess endgames that never change and always work.
Because sooner or later you’re going to play a critical game. Hours of great middlegame play has landed you in a winning queen versus rook endgame.
But your resilient rival isn’t giving up… They keep that rook close and hide their king behind it whenever your queen attacks.
There is a winning method.
Whether you find it, win that game, tournament, prize money and glory depends on what you do now…
IM Kolosowski’s 10-hour Practical Endgame Mastery is a toolbox of winning techniques for tricky endgame positions like QvR.
About the Author:
Mat Kołosowski is an International Master from Poland. He is a multiple Polish youth championship medalist. In 2010 he took 5th place in European U-18 Championship. During the course of his chess career, Mat has won many international tournaments.
Apart from being a player, he is also a chess coach who has experience working with students from more than 20 countries.
How is this course going to help?
Here’s a taste of what to expect:
- Secrets of the exchange. Can you give up the exchange for a pawn and defend the RvB endgame? Learn the secrets of the exchange in chess endgames in chapters 10 and 11 – including cunning traps to set when you have the rook.
- Breaking the fortress. Even 2200+ players have actually lost positions with QvR+P. Mat gives you the surefire technique for smashing down Black’s fortress. Easy to remember and unstoppable.
- Queen versus Queen and Pawn. Essential knowledge for playing both sides of this common situation. It’s nearly always a win but the clever defense will make it tricky to do within 50 moves. Learn how to convert with minimum moves… and how to drag things out if defending.
- Save the game – a piece down! There are GMs who don’t know this method! Learn it once, however, and you’ll be able to sac a piece for a pawn to trade into this drawn R+BvR ending!
- Practical strategy. You know the positions you want and you know how to convert them. Now you need to steer the game in that direction. Mat shows you how to cut down your opponent’s choices until they go where you want them to go.
Arm yourself with these evergreen techniques and, when the opportunity comes, you’ll be able to confidently convert your endgames into wins.
Complete set of PGNs
Access to Practicum
Train the important move sequences with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. The practical part is an important element of the course.
Applying the Theory [30-minutes]
Watch IM Mat Kolosowski outplaying his competition with the ideas, principles, and plans demonstrated in the course. This extra video will help you see how everything works together in the world of chess endgames!
Brief Summary of the Course [PDF]
The downloadable summary of the key points covered in the course for quick reference and review. Use it as a quick refresher after studying the course or print it and pin it on the wall.