Crushing White with The Caro Kann Defense – GM Maxim Dlugy
Join World Champions Capablanca, Botvinnik, Petrosian and Karpov in making the Caro Kann defense your weapon of choice against 1.e4.
These chess legends knew that behind the quiet appearance of 1…c6 is a formidable system based on sound positional principles and containing hidden venom.
One of the secrets of the Caro-Kann is that Black has a clear plan of development and no weaknesses, meaning that any attempts by White to force an advantage will often be a mistake. Know how to exploit it and victory is yours!
Now you can learn an opening you can rely on for your entire career with GM Maxim Dlugy. Dlugy is one of the foremost experts on the Caro-Kann, having played it at the highest level for over 30 years and used it to beat 2750-2800 players like Vassily Ivanchuk, Teimour Radjabov, Gata Kamsky and Alexander Morozevich.
Over the course of nearly 3 hours, Dlugy reveals all the weaknesses in White’s position and exactly how to take advantage of them with in-depth analyses of 10 instructive games, including the wins over the 4 players mentioned above.
About the Author:
Maxim Dlugy is a chess International Grandmaster originally born in Moscow, USSR. He moved to the United States with his family in 1977. He was only an average player for his age until his strength exploded in the early 1980s.
Always a strong speed chess player, Dlugy was formerly ranked number one in the world by the World Blitz Chess Association.
Besides winning many international events, and being the highest rated junior player in the world from ages 15 to 20, he has represented the U.S. chess teams in international team competitions, including the Chess Olympiad and has written articles and chess books on many different chess themes, including his own autobiographical book – ‘Grandmaster Insides’.
Recently he has proven that his practical strength is still formidable by winning two back to back Grandmaster Charity Blitz Championships in May of 2017 and 2018, ahead of more than a dozen grandmasters.
Is this course for me?
If you want to have an opening with black that you can certainly rely on at any level, the Caro Kann Defense would be a great choice for you. Many strong GMs and world champions have already proven the effectiveness of this defense, therefore, you can be completely sure that you’ll be armed with a great weapon.
Here’s what you will learn with this course:
- How to undermine White’s center to seize a winning space advantage.
- How to place your Bishops to deliver spectacular mating threats.
- How to isolate White’s d-pawn – and the strategy to convert this small edge into a win.
- How to prevent the sacrifice that beat Garry Kasparov
- The Queen move that GM Dlugy loves to play in any variation of the Caro-Kann
- And much more…
It’s time to become an expert in an opening and start crushing White with the Caro-Kann!
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights
- Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
- Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low-quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
- In-depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
- 20 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
- PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
- Brought to you by iChess.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
Now it’s your move… What are you waiting for?