Chess Openings: Beating English Opening with Black – FM Viktor Neustroev and GM Dimitry Bocharov
Nearly all top players have the English included in their repertoire: Magnus Carlsen, Garry Kasparov, Fabiano Caruana, Vladimir Kramnik, Vishi Anand, Wesley So, and Hikaru Nakamura to name a few.
That’s no coincidence.
The English Opening is one of the longest standing and positionally sound opening weapons.
Most club level players, however, do not have a specific preparation against 1.c4. They feel it looks similar to 1.d4 or 1.Nf3, and hope to transpose to one of the familiar lines.
One of the main advantages of the English is that White has multiple ways to reach setups Black can’t prevent.
This 11.5-hour Opening Lab provides you with a road-map and a complete set of tactical gear to take White’s position by storm. Armed with this knowledge you will have a substantial edge against any sub-2200 opponent!
GM Dmitry Bocharov [2647 peak FIDE] is a mind behind the deep ideas, strategies, and plans for countering the English Opening. FM Viktor Neustroev deciphers his analysis and thinking into easy-to-understand, bite-sized lessons.
About the Authors
FM Viktor Neustroev (peak rating: 2305)
Chess player and coach who won multiple regional competitions and received various awards. He has coached for many years and has had highly successful students. Viktor sees his mission in teaching chess and making his students overall much better players.
GM Dmitry Bocharov (peak rating: 2647)
Professional chess player and coach with a peak rating of 2647 FIDE. He has won many National and International tournaments. Some of his notable achievements include winning the 2004 Abu Dhabi Chess Festival, the Chigorin Memorial and the World University Chess Championship 2008.
In 2015 Bocharov won the 2015 Russian Blitz Chess Championship. GM Bocharov also played alongside Vladimir Kramnik and Levon Aronian, winning both the Russian Team Chess Championship Premier League and the European Chess Club Cup in 2015.
- The tested-and-proven most reliable lines to play against each of the 5 variations of English Opening.
- Build a powerful chess opening repertoire against the English …that actually helps your game and makes you a better player through the positions that match your style.
- Read your opponent’s plans and react with ease …know what’s coming next before your opponent does.
- Dictate the direction of the game …rapidly increase your winning potential by playing familiar positions.
- Gain confidence and boost your performance by arming yourself with powerful GM’s plans and strategies [that works even on the 2600 level].
- With this Opening Lab you get the best of both worlds: the complex, very powerful concepts and ideas of 2647-rated Grandmaster, clearly explained by FM Viktor Neustroev.
Access to Practicum
Train the important tactical skills and motifs with a set of specifically designed tasks and challenges. Practical part is an important element of the course.
Downloadable, complete set of PGNs of all the games and opening theory covered in the course. Each lecture comes with a separate PGN file for your convenience and ease of navigation. Powerful novelties are included, to surprise those titled players.
Extra Training Tasks – Quiz [PDF]
Advanced training tasks are included to make sure you grasp the most important ideas of the opening theory, able to find the best moves and the right continuations in actual games.
Applying the Theory [Blitz Session]
Watch FM Viktor Neustroev playing live and applying principles and ideas covered in the course. FM Neustroev annotates the games on-the-fly, sharing his ideas and secrets of success. A must-have for any serious chess player.
Brief Summary/Reference Guide
The downloadable summary of the key points covered in the course for quick reference and for reviewing. Use it as a quick refresher after studying the course or print it and pin it on the wall.