Art of Calculation
Do you lose the majority of your games due to silly blunders, missed opportunities or tactical oversights?
If you’re a club level player, most likely those things ring a bell for you…
In fact, nine out of ten chess players lose because of a simple “miscalculation”. Everything could’ve been great… but after a single bad move, the game passes the point of no return. A draw is no longer an option and the only possible outcome is a loss.
How many times did you kick yourself, and wanted to come back to that “move 17” and just play a different move? What if it’s a decisive game and the outcome will determine whether you become a champion or get that award?
Unfortunately, we don’t have the time machine… but we do have something else for you which may even be more effective at avoiding miscalculations.
Each and every move in chess is a decision. The quality of the decision you make determines the quality of your play. Both are directly connected to calculation, meaning that calculation basically decides your strength as a chess player…
If you want to improve – work on your calculation!
In this 3+ hour course, IM Andrey Ostrovskiy shares his exact methodology and calculation blueprint that took him over 16 years to develop and polish. IM Ostrovskiy’s ideas were successfully applied by his private students, resulting in many won tournaments and obtained titles.
If you want to become a “super-calculator” and start finding brilliant winning combinations effortlessly and easily, while enjoying the game and observing your opponent struggle at deciding which losing line to play – THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!
Time to start being in control of your games and а great calculation technique is a KEY to accomplish that… Being a few steps ahead of the player in front of you is all it takes!
Let your opponent be stressed out, angry and frustrated after you roll out your devastating combination. Leave them puzzled and confused about how you figured that all out over-the-board! After working through this course, the calculation will become your #1 weapon!
You will learn:
- The concrete Grandmaster’s calculation technique that you can start using immediately
- “Quick scanning” of the position [very powerful, yet rarely used on club level]
- #1 Most important idea to keep in mind when playing against a positional player
- 3 key elements of calculation – when and how to use it
- When and how Grandmasters analyze and evaluate critical positions?
- How strong GMs find and exploit vulnerabilities in their opponent’s positions and you can too
- And much more!
Art of Calculation [3+ hours]
Instant download of the 3+ hours long course with IM Andrey Ostrovskiy sharing the exact methodology and calculation blueprint that took him over 16 years to develop and polish. You will start winning games by calculating smarter and deeper immediately after finishing the course!
Access to Supplementary Materials
Get access to special resources such as practicum and training exercises to reinforce concepts presented in the course.
Download PGNs of All Examples From The Video
Download examples covered in the video course in PGN notation format, so that you can analyze it at your convenience.
About the Author:
IM Andrey Ostrovskiy (FIDE 2456) is a professional chess player and coach currently residing in Germany. Andrey got second in Ukrainian Youth Championship and represented his country in the European Championship. He has won many National and International events and achieved his first Grandmaster norm in 2015.
|Type of Video|
- CHAPTER 1 Why do we miss the opportunities?
- CHAPTER 2 Basics of the thinking discipline: checks and captures
- CHAPTER 3 Basics of the thinking discipline: active moves
- CHAPTER 4 Quick scanning of the position
- CHAPTER 5 Hidden resources: finding a follow-up
- CHAPTER 6 Hidden resources: your opponent also wants to win!
- CHAPTER 7 How to further enhance your calculation?