LEMOS DEEP DIVE – VOL04
The Accelerated Dragon is a great choice for players who want an aggressive opening they can play against a number of White setups. Know what you’re doing and you have fast development, great activity and a tough to crack position.
In this 8 hour Deep Dive course, GM Damian Lemos builds up your knowledge of this powerful opening weapon, starting with the main ideas and delving into the hidden nuances which will allow you to claim the full point against 1.e4 players.
GM Lemos covers all of White’s main options, pinpoints all the things to watch out for, gives his most trusted suggestions and shows how they play out in practice by analyzing memorable model games.
With players like Carlsen, Kasparov, Ivanchuk and Maxime Vachier-Lagrave adopting this opening, you’re in excellent company and can enjoy being a master of one of the most exciting opening options available to Black.
- Introduction to the Sicilian Dragon
- Chapter 1. Facing the Alapin (3.c3 and 6.Be2)
- Chapter 2. Xu Jun-Li Chao
- Chapter 3. Another attempt in the Alapin (6.Na3)
- Chapter 4. Ivanchuk-Giri
- Chapter 5: Combating the Advanced Alapin (4.e5): Managadze-Petrov
- Chapter 6: Early Queen move (4.Qxd4)
- Chapter 7: Early Queen move, part 2
- Chapter 8: Najer-Guseinov
- Chapter 9: The Maroczy Bind (5.c4)
- Chapter 10: The Maroczy Bind with b4: Minasian-Malakhov
- Chapter 11: The Maroczy Bind, Main Lines
- Chapter 12: The Maroczy Bind with 8.f3
- Chapter 13: The Maroczy Bind with 8.Be2 and 10.Nc2
- Chapter 14: Lupulescu-Iturrizaga
- Chapter 15: Lupulescu-Iturrizaga: Important variations
- Chapter 16: Lupulescu-Iturrizaga: Final analysis
- Chapter 17: Fritz 2-Kasparov
- Chapter 18: 6.Be3 and 7.Be2: Jobava-Vachier-Lagrave
- Chapter 19: Accelerated Dragon with 7.Be2 and 8.Nb3
- Chapter 20: Facing 7.Bc4 – the main line
- Chapter 21: Accelerated Dragon: 9th move alternatives
- Chapter 22: Accelerated Dragon: Main line deep dive
- Chapter 23: Accelerated Dragon: Mainline deep dive, 11.Re1: Yu Yangyi-Ivanchuk
- Chapter 24: Accelerated Dragon: Main line deep dive, 11.f4: Morozevich-Carlsen