The Sicilian Najdorf is a chess opening that starts with the moves 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 a6 (diagram).
It is 5..a6 that distinguishes this opening as the Sicilian Najdorf – 5..g6, for example, would be the Sicilian Dragon.
The sharp continuation is 6.Bg5 e6 7.f4.
This is part 2 of an exclusive iChess Club video series from IM Robert Ris on the Sicilian Najdorf for White. In Part 1, IM Ris looked at Black’s move 7 alternatives. This time, he looks at play after 7..Be7.
This move used to be played at even the highest level of chess, but that is no longer the case because it is not very precise. You are most likely to come across this move at the club level, so you need to be well prepared.
Play the Sicilian Najdorf for White!
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $20 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $1.