The Modern Defense begins with the moves 1.e4 g6 and is a hypermodern approach where Black allows White to occupy the center with pawns, and later looks to attack that center from the flanks.
In this exclusive iChess Club video, Grandmaster Damian Lemos takes a look at how White can best meet this popular chess opening, using the same approach as the World Chess Champion, Magnus Carlsen.
More and more players are turning to the Modern and using it in their games, including top grandmasters Aronian and Andreikin – so it’s definitely a good idea to know how to play against it as White!
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $19.97 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $1.