The Caro-Kann is a chess opening for Black that begins with 1.e4 c6. In the mainline, play continues with 2.d4 d5, however, in the last couple of years the Two Knights variation has increased in popularity, played by the likes of Nakamura, Nepomniachtchi and MVL: 2.Nc3 d5 3.Nf3 (diagram).
In this exclusive iChess Club video, International Master Ekaterina Atalik explores play from Black’s side, looking at lines with 3..Bg4 (and other move orders that transpose into the same structures), starting by analyzing a very instructive game.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $20 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $1.