We’re Hiring – SEO Blog Content Copywriter
iChess.net is seeking a copywriter to create SEO article content for our blog.
iChess.net / iChess.es is a leader in the chess industry, operating a rapidly growing eCommerce website and producing high-quality chess DVD courses.
Our full-time team of 15 employees works remotely. Working hours are flexible – we promote a hands-off style of management, and we are looking for people to join us and help us continue growing for the next several years.
This SEO Blog Content Copywriter job opening will start as a part-time position (est 15-20 hrs/wk) that can grow into a full-time position with potential additional responsibilities.
DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
– Copywriting blog article content
– Using a keyword research tool to identify opportunities for relevant, low competition, high traffic keyword phrases (ex. Screaming Frog, ahrefs)
– Understanding core principles of SEO and how to apply them to our blog articles and product pages to increase relevant traffic
– Must be a native English speaker to qualify for this role
– Must be rated over 1500 Elo as a chess player (online sites, USCF, or FIDE rating)
– Experience with WordPress
– Proficiency with Google Analytics
– Experience working with an eCommerce site to market informational products
– Proficiency in the Spanish language is a plus but not required
– The ideal candidate combines a strong technical SEO background with a good understanding of chess and chess openings
– Understand and apply fundamental marketing concepts to increase organic traffic AND conversion rates
– Ability to design an SEO strategy based on keyword research and current industry opportunity
– Highly analytical and data-driven
– Able to plan at a strategic level and being able to implement and execute said plan
– Self-driven with proven problem-solving skills
– Has an attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdependent team
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, please submit your CV to email@example.com with the subject line, “Copywriter Application”, and include answers to these questions:
– Current Salary – Hourly Rate (USD)
– Location – City + Country
– Level of English Proficiency (Native Speaker, Almost Native Speaker, Proficient, or Below Proficient)
– Describe Your Availability (30-40 hrs/wk, 20-30 hrs/wk, 10-20 hrs/wk, 0-10 hrs/wk)
– Do you play chess online, at local chess clubs, and/or in person with your friends and family? What is your rating?
– What is your core competency? What do you do best in a professional setting?
– What are your favorite 3 marketing, copywriting, and/or business books?
– Please submit a few samples of your copywriting and/or SEO experience.
Open Catalan with 7.Na3 and 7.Ne5 – IM Robert Ris (iChess Club)In this series, IM Ris focusses on the Open Catalan. The...
Read more >
Nimzo-Indian Rubinstein Variation with 4.e3 – GM Eugene Perelshteyn (iChess Club)The Nimzo Indian Defense is a chess opening for Black against...
Read more >