In this course for intermediate and advanced players, GM Jacek Stopa dives into some of the most important Rook Endgames. Rook endgames are some of the most common and complex types of endings in chess. If you master Rook Endgames, not only your overall level will improve, but you will also feel a lot more confident converting and defending these endings in your games.
Rook endgames are one of the most common endings in chess.
Many club players have no idea how to effectively handle rook endings!
In this 3-hour course, GM Jacek Stopa will teach you every important rook endgame that all competitive players must know.
The idea of this course is not to memorize the positions, but to absorb rook endgames mechanics that can be applied to various types of endings. This is a much more intuitive, time-efficient, and bullet-proof method.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- The power of the 6th rank and how to exploit it when you defend or attack
- When to give a “side-check”? The “easiest” defense
- Converting the pawn-chain advantage in the rook endgames
- Typical defensive mechanisms in rook endgames
- Pawn Avalanche and how to use it in your games
- Uncommon rook endgames – how to tackle and win these positions
- The 3 vs. 2 pawns position – the winning blueprint
Rook endgames are where many players drop their precious points and half-points. But simply learning how to survive the rook endgames, you will save many games and convert many more into wins.
GM Jacek Stopa (FIDE 2504)
Is a Polish Grandmaster who enjoys playing highly creative set-ups, even as early as move one. Jacek had won multiple major National and International tournaments and has many private students around the world.