Peter Svidler is back! In this series, the 7-time Russian champion takes a deep look at the move 6.d3 in the Spanish (Ruy Lopez). The secrets of one of the hottest lines at the top level are now available to everybody!
White players can get a complete repertoire to play 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 a6 4.Ba4 Nf6 5.0-0 Be7 6.d3. If you’re on the black side, you can still get a full update on the state of theory in this topical line.
1. Introduction to the 6.d3 Spanish
2. 6.d3 d6 sidelines
3. 6…d6 – The Re8 complex
4. UPDATE: Dominguez-Svidler (2014)
5. 6.d3 d6 – The 8…b5 complex
7. 6.d3 b5 sidelines
8. 6.d3 b5 – The 9…Na5 Complex
9. 6.d3 b5 – 9…Bg4 and 9…Be6
10. Peter Svidler’s Quiz