Improving your Understanding of Positional Chess
Nowadays, one can find many sources featuring positional chess. There is so much information that people easily get lost. In order to provide a systematic learning approach, this course is dedicated to positional play. All the lectures illustrate the modern application of classical positional concepts.
You get 6 hours of high-level training which will provide you with the following benefits:
✅ Better overall positional chess understanding
✅ Improved ability to evaluate the position and build a plan
✅ In-depth insights concerning exchange operations
✅ A better understanding of pawn play
✅ Increased skills in detecting and improving problematic pieces
- GM Dejan Bojkov (peak FIDE rating 2556)
- GM Grigor Grigorov (peak FIDE rating 2516)
- GM Boris Avrukh (peak FIDE rating 2668)
- GM Petar Arnaudov (peak FIDE rating 2494)
Lessons on Positional Chess
- Thinking in Priorities – Dynamic and Static Factors – GM Dejan Bojkov
- The Exchange Operations Through the Eyes of Modern Grandmasters – GM Grigor Grigorov
- Transformations of the Pawn Structure – GM Boris Avrukh
- The Art of Manoeuvring – Classical and Modern Positional Patterns – GM Petar Arnaudov
- Q&A Session with GM Grigor Grigorov and GM Petar Arnaudov
Why is Positional Chess Important
Good positional chess understanding is one of the main criteria separating masters from club players. The problem is that it can be one of the toughest areas of the game to improve.
Why is that?
Because it is often left out of lessons for beginners, and there is next to nothing for beginners out there that covers positional chess!
Also, unlike tactics, where a combination of moves gives an immediate benefit, a longer-term positional goal doesn’t always jump off the board and make itself apparent to the beginner player.
Sure, everyone knows how to study tactics, openings, and endgames. But, when it comes to something more sophisticated like positional chess understanding, the majority of players simply don’t know where to start.
The art of positional play should not be underestimated. Not learning positional fundamentals stagnates your development as a chess player and won’t let you reach your full potential. Your tactics and endgame skills may be there, but if you don’t know what to do in the position you may soon be lost.