Chess Openings for Beginners: Grandmaster’s Opening Laboratory
In this course, GM Igor Smirnov will show you how to study powerful chess openings in a convenient and effective way!
It will give you a complete chess openings repertoire on the GM’s level and will make your pre-game preparation extremely effective!
There is no guarantee that you will always win, BUT I guarantee Your Maximum Chances For A Win!
In modern chess, computers have made opening preparation a very powerful and even decisive factor.
Strong players spend most of their training time on opening analysis. There are serious reasons for doing that. Every chess player can recollect the situation like this:
Your opponent makes a pretty strong move, which is a novelty for you, in the opening. You start feeling nervous and thinking for a long time about a good answer.
At the same time, your opponent is calmed and confident. Of course, he has already analyzed your possible answers and knows all of them in advance. It makes your problems even more difficult to overcome.
Similar situations to this bring very annoying losses. You understand that have lost not because your opponent was stronger but simply because of your bad chess opening preparation.
Do you want to win chess games before they even begin? The strong players are able to do it often! If you want to become one of them, then welcome to the “Grandmaster’s Opening Laboratory”
About the Author:
Igor Smirnov is an International Grandmaster from Ukraine, currently rated 2507 Fide.
He is also a Chess Coach and holds a Master’s degree in Psychology.
GM Smirnov has developed numerous chess lessons, articles, webinars and training courses, including the famous courses that have helped many players of all levels improve their chess skills and break their barriers to climb up to higher new levels.
Is this course for me?
Certainly, an opening preparation cannot guarantee a win. And I do not recommend you to become obsessed with trying to study all the chess openings.
I am absolutely sure that your general understanding of a chess game is a much more important factor. However, an opening preparation will considerably increase your chances of success.
Let me say a few words about different opening materials. There is a huge quantity of different opening materials: opening books, DVDs, video lessons, encyclopedias, etc.
Unfortunately, they actually don’t help to IMPROVE YOUR RESULTS. Why? Let’s clarify what these materials are.
From my own experience (I have studied a lot of different materials), I can conclude that there are 2 main categories for the chess openings materials:
- A collection of a large quantity of opening variations without normal text commentaries.
Different opening encyclopedias, informants, etc. are included in this category. The main purpose of such materials is to confuse a chess player and create a chaos in his head
By the way, I am not joking really.
- The lectures (books, articles) of a strong (or not so strong) chess player.
In these lectures, the author usually tells the well-known variations of the given opening with superficial comments. Such lectures can be used for preliminary acquaintance with an opening. But it is only the beginning. It is obviously not enough for serious study.
Sometimes it is possible to find a good book about a concrete opening. It could be useful stuff, but even such books have 2 serious shortcomings:
- They contain only the well-known variations and games. Nobody wants to share their own analysis, novelties and so on.
- They contain a lot of unnecessary information. It makes it hard to use it PRACTICALLY.
Let’s say such a book contains 100 pages. Your opening repertoire contains 30 opening (15 for white 15 for black). Thus you have to study, remember and use 3000 pages of the opening variations. 1 lifetime could be too short for that
That’s why it is hard to use such opening materials for a pre-game preparation.
Why is this course better than others?
This course will allow you to study powerful chess openings in a convenient and effective way!
The practical part of this course was designed not only for studying, but also specially for your pre-game preparation (during the tournaments). It will make your pre-games preparation quick and extremelly powerful.
So what exactly you will get from “The Grandmaster’s Openings Laboratory”?
Grandmaster’s Opening Labratory – Pratical Section:
After a huge practice (as a player and a coach) I have realized which openings work better for different level players. With pride, I want to offer you a COMPLETE POWERFUL OPENING REPERTOIRE on the Grandmaster’s level.
You will receive all the materials necessary for learning these openings.
Thus, the practical part contains 35 opening lines for your complete opening repertoire. The materials presented for every opening:
The theory database in *.pgn format.
I have already selected all the best lines and have analyzed them. So you will study only the NECESSARY information. Again, you will not learn everything, but only what exactly you need. Using this way, you will study the opening quickly and effectively.
All the theory lines contain my text commentaries. These explanations will allow you to understand clearly all the important ideas and plans regarding this opening.
The selection of the most instructive games (over 600(!) best games for all the openings).
These games will help you to realize better the standard plans and ideas of an opening. Again, you will not study everything, but only the best and only what exactly you need. The detailed instructions about what and how exactly you should study.
It will guarantee that you will study the course properly and will get the best effect.
These materials will help you:
- To create your complete powerful chess openings repertoire on the Grandmaster’s level in a short period of time.
- All the materials of the practical part are presenting in *.pgn format (the standard format of chess database). These materials are clearly systematized also. This will help you to use these materials for your preparation before the tournament games.
- It will make your pre-game preparation easy, quick and extremely effective. You will be able to refresh (or even get) your knowledge in the certain opening easily.
- The materials of the practical part contain not only the theory lines, but my own analysis as well. You will find some novelties, which will give you a strong advantage over your opponents.
“It took years for me to realize these things. And it took many months to prepare all these materials for you. Now you can study the complete powerful opening repertoire in 1 week!”
Frequently Asked Questions.
“I play some other openings. Should I change my chess openings repertoire following your recommendations?“
It is obvious that your results depend on the way you play.
Thus, if your current results completely satisfy you, then you need to change nothing.
If you want to reach a chess progress then you should be ready for changes.
Usually chess players dislike to study new openings because it demands considerable efforts and time expenses. However for you it will be much easier, as you receive all necessary materials in the convenient form.
“Which chess openings are presented in the course?“
There are quite a lot of chess openings for beginners there: Ruy Lopez, Alekhine’s defense, different Sicilian lines, Benko gambit, French defense, Caro-Kann, Scandinavian defense.. etc (35 opening lines)
I do not answer this question in details, because simple enumeration of the openings doesn’t provide any helpful information. It is important to understand WHY the given opening is good or bad FOR YOU. Why one opening is highly recommended, but another one is a bad choice.
You will find the detailed explanations in the course’s materials.
“I feel confident in the opening stage. Whether it is necessary for me to buy the course?
It is my favourite question 🙂
First I would like to say that I like your self-confidence. It is very important quality of character for any sportsman.
However let’s try to be objective. Do you usually get an advantage after an opening while playing against the Grandmasters? If your honest answer is “No”, you will find a lot of useful information in the course “The Grandmaster’s Openings Laboratory”.
The best investment is an investment in yourself!
In this case you pay only one time, but then use the new knowledge and skills about chess openings during the whole life. It does this deal on 100-200% (and even more) favourable to you.
Of course you may buy some opening books for every opening line which you are going to use, then study them seriously, choose the best lines, analyze them, try to play them, analyze your games and find mistakes, change some openings which you’ve found not good, then play again, and after some practice you will probably create a normal opening repertoire.
BUT I have some good news for you – I have already done all this work for you! Now you can get the full chess course for this very low price!
Important: This product works natively with Windows computers. If you would like to use it on a Mac you will either need to install Bootcamp with a copy of Windows or run the software using a Windows virtual box such as Parallels or VMWare.
This course discusses the openings yet unrefuted even at the highest levels (International Super GM levels). 1300-2000 FIDE rated players will find it useful. However, if opening is your area of concern, this course will serve you well. – NM William Stewart
|Type of Video|
Lesson 1: Forget about the openings!
- The practical recommendations of successful play in the opening stage.
- The meaning of an opening preparation.
- The strategic principles of playing the openings.
- The right way of thinking in the opening, which will allow you to find the best moves in any openings.
- The difference between opening preparation for different levels of players.
- The typical mistakes in an opening preparation.
Lesson 2: How to choose the openings?
- The huge mistake which almost all the players (below the Grandmaster’s level) make.
- How to increase your chances in the games against stronger opponents.
- The concrete recommendations regarding which openings to play.
- I will warn you against the wrong opening choices that make it much harder for you to play the opening successfully.
- Which openings fit different levels of players better?
- How to make the situation much more comfortable for you and uncomfortable for your opponent.
- The practical recommendations which will help you to get the best effect from your training.
- Which openings fit your style better and what actually a good style is?
- When and how you should change your opening repertoire?
Lesson 3: The practical description of all chess openings
- Is it a recommended choice?
- Is it a good opening exactly for you?
- Which problems will you have if you start using this opening?
- What is it necessary to be prepared for?
- Which openings have forced some top Grandmasters to stop playing 1.e4?
- Which openings will bring you good results during your whole chess career?
- Which opening you should NOT use, even if they bring you good positions.
- Which openings are necessary to play for EVERY chess player if he wants to become a Grandmaster?
- Which openings will bring you the good practical results without much preparation work?
Lesson 4: How to learn the openings effectively?
- How to learn the openings (step by step instruction).
- How to learn the openings quickly and effectively?
- Why does the considerable quantity of opening material only take away more time and not bring real results?
- How to use effectively the opening books, chess databases, and internet resources.
- The typical mistake in the learning of an opening.
- How to take the best effect from your opening preparation for your preparation before the tournament game.
- How to use effectively the chess engines (like Fritz, Rybka, etc). Also, you will find one very important warning here.
- How to systematize your opening knowledge and get the “clear picture” of the concrete opening.
- One important practical advice. The players who ignore it waste a lot of time on learning the openings without any real results.
- The special recommendation from Anatoly Karpov, which he has used during the preparation for World Championship matches.
Lesson 5: Your powerful opening repertoire.
- The psychological principles of an effective opening study.
- Which elements are the most important during an opening study?
- How to take get the best effect from training games?
- The practical advice about how to apply your opening preparation during the real game. A lot of people have lost the games because they didn’t know these rules!
- How to improve your opening preparation and develop your opening repertoire? Three main Grandmaster’s secrets which allow players to win games in the opening stage.
- How do Grandmasters find the new ideas in the openings?
- How to prevent an unpleasant opening surprise?
- One really powerful resource, which will provide a qualitative change in your opening knowledge. I am 99% sure that you haven’t used it yet (or at least haven’t used all the advantages from this method).
The Grandmaster’s Openings Laboratory contains these materials:
- The video lessons (100 minutes).
- The text version of every video lesson (for printing).
- The complete Grandmaster’s opening repertoire (35 opening lines).
- The theory database (with the text commentaries) for every opening line.
- The selection of the most instructive games for every opening line (over 600 games in total).
- The detailed instructions.