Tactics training is just that – training.
Finding the risky winning sacrifice in a high-stakes game – and having the guts to play it – that’s what counts.
And whilst solving 1000s of random puzzles will definitely sharpen your skills… its main benefit is building up your pattern recognition.
Come up against one of the millions of positions you haven’t seen before, and things are trickier.
That’s when you need the tools IM Kostya Kavutskiy teaches in his incredible Forcing Moves Force Wins…
Is this course for me?
Whereas many pro players can find good moves but can’t explain how they found them, IM Kavutskiy knows what works and how to teach it.
It doesn’t matter if you have never seen a position like it before.
It doesn’t matter if the clock is ticking and spectators are breathing down your neck.
It doesn’t matter if the winning line is longer than 99% of players can visualize.
Armed with Kostya Kavutskiy’s tactical methods, you will smack down the winning moves with unshakeable confidence.
About the Author:
IM Kostya Kavutskiy. As a coach, IM Kavutskiy works with his students to maximize their strengths, grow past their weaknesses, and determine a realistic training plan to reach their goals. I believe it’s a coach’s responsibility to target their training to each individual student. This means spending time on both calculation and strategy while also providing useful insight and knowledge on the positions they play. If you sign up for lessons with IM Kavutskiy, be ready to work hard!
What you’ll learn:
- Forcing Moves Force Wins. The first moves to consider in ANY position are forcing moves – moves your opponent has to respond to. Checks, captures, and threats. They’re the most likely to win you the game and have the fewest possible replies to consider. Kostya drills this approach into you so it becomes a natural habit.
- Curing Tactical Blindness. IM Kavutskiy outlines the 3 reasons winning tactics get missed in competitive games… and teaches you the approaches that eliminate this Elo-dropping issue. Look where others don’t, ask for more, and find creative ways to make tactics work.
- Reciprocal Thinking. So you tested a line and it didn’t work… you can use the reason it didn’t work to find a variation that does. Kostya shows you how to reverse-engineer tactics to find stunning moves like the one that wins this for Black (diagram).
- Unstoppable Winning Machine. As you climb higher on the chess ladder, you’re going to face tough resistance… it’s your job to Hulk smash through it and find ways to make things work.
- Farsight Visualization. You know the tactic is there… but you have to be sure you get it right. Thing is, you see 3 moves ahead then things get fuzzy. In chapter 5, Kostya teaches you a powerful technique for seeing clearly even 10 moves deep… use it in-game or during training to develop your visualization skills.
This is 3 hours of coaching that will make your tactical ability soar.
If you only study one course this year… make it this one!
*Special offer: get this and the rest of the volumes in the Intuition Navigates Chaos series for only $139. That’s 49% OFF! Only for a limited time.