Chess Lessons for Beginners: From A to Zugzwang
NM Dan Heisman is considered one of the most original and influential modern chess tutors, thanks to his clear-cut approach to chess improvement and his celebrity students including radio personality Howard Stern.
Dan’s award-winning articles, books, and video lectures have helped thousands of players better understand the game they love and achieve their chess ambitions.
Phrases like “hope chess” have become part of improvers’ vocabulary, drawing attention to a problem many were unaware of before.
Now, for the first time, you can get all of Dan’s chess lessons in one 49+ hour pack, “Essential Dan Heisman: From A to Zugzwang”.
As the name suggests, this is a complete chess course covering every area of the game and every skill you need for success on the board.
“This is an outstanding course. It has a fascinating focus on thought processes in chess as well as many very practical tactical and strategic tips.” George (USA, verified owner) 18 Jul 2021
About the Author:
Dan is an award-winning chess author and full-time chess instructor in Wynnewood PA. He is a US Chess Federation National Master (NM) and a World Chess Federation Candidate Master (FIDE CM).
NM Dan Heisman is one of the most sought-after coaches in America. He coaches celebrities (including TV and radio personality Howard Stern) as well as the next generation of stars and has won multiple awards for his work.
Dan’s success and popularity are due to his focus on improving how we think instead of just weighing ourselves down with never-ending data dumps. After all, chess is the thinking man’s game.
Trying to get better at chess by soaking up information is like trying to become a master builder by buying more bricks. The material is only useful if you know what to do with it.
Dan Heisman has devoted decades to discovering the skills players really need in chess and how to massively improve these abilities.
Is this course for me?
If you’re really serious about breaking free from your current rating then this 100+ chess lessons collection
will accelerate that.
Not only are Dan Heisman’s methods proven to be effective, at this price it’s the tiniest investment you can make and still have a realistic expectation of results.
Here’s what you’re getting with this course:
The new, complete collection of 107 lessons from Dan Heisman, one of the most original and influential chess coaches in the world.
- Unique insights and training on your thought processes, upgrading your “mental software” so you calculate tactics and evaluate positions more accurately.
- Expert development of the 3 types of chess vision, helping you eliminate frustrating blunders.
- Deep strategic knowledge of the openings based on pawn structure, piece placement, pawn breaks and more – no need to memorize moves, just understand the ideas.
- The 5 endgame techniques that will win and save you more points than any other chess lessons. If you want to get the biggest return from your training time, start here.
Here’s what these chess lessons will do for you:
- Discover and remove habits that are preventing you from being your best – things like “quiescence errors” that you might not even be aware of.
- Help you find strong moves quicker with clear-cut thinking methods for both analytical and non-analytical positions in the opening, middlegame, and endgame.
- Accelerate your rating gains in the short and long-term with Dan’s Theory of Chess Improvement.
There are 5 main sections in this course:
- Tactics and Safety – how to avoid tactical blunders, even small or advanced ones, and capitalize on your rival’s mistakes. We all understand how important tactical ability is in chess, now Dan actually gives a step-by-step program for both improving pattern recognition and our analytical powers.
- Thought Process – probably the most important skill for players under 2200 and the topic Dan Heisman has become most famous for. How should we think at the board? We have a limited amount of time and have to consider tactics, pawns structure, create a plan, work out what our opponent is up to and find a way to stop it. From playing “real chess” to understanding non-analytical positions, Dan provides techniques for getting rid of bad habits and replacing them with good ones.
- Openings and Tabiyas – tabiyas are common chess positions, often reached in popular openings. Dan teaches that it’s more useful to know what to do in these positions and why than just memorizing a series of moves. 29 different chess lessons explain the ideas behind the Sicilian Najdorf, King’s Indian Defense, French Defense, Ruy Lopez/Spanish and many more.
- Piece Sacrifice in the Opening – What’s better than sacrificing a piece in the opening, taking your opponent into unknown territory, and increasing your chances to score early in the game? Coach Dan Heisman presents a video series to teach you how to use the sacrifice in the opening to stun your opponent!
- Endings – up to master level there are only a small number of endgames you need to know. Dan Heisman explains them all here. From triangulation and zugzwang to the Philidor and Lucena positions, this is an essential knowledge that will repay you in tournament points.
With over 100 chess lessons, all produced to the high standards we have come to expect from the ICC, this bundle will elevate your chess play to 2100 and beyond with months of fascinating instruction from one of the most respected coaches around.
Enjoy your ride to a new level in your chess career!