EMPIRE CHESS – VOL 69
This DVD is aimed at presenting a repertoire based on meeting 1. e4 with 1… e5 for the club player. Coverage starts after 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 when GM Shankland recommends the Schliemann variation against the main move 3.Bb5 Ruy Lopez, but played in a more classical way, aiming to take advantage of the extra central pawn in the long term instead of seeking immediate confrontation. All relevant side-lines from move 3 onward are also covered.
The main appeal of choosing the Schliemann is that White does not have many credible side-lines; advocates of this repertoire will be able to play the presented analysis over the board. This DVD will provide club level players with a strong repertoire that they can rely on.
RELOADED Edition! – Highlights
- Exclusive Grandmaster/Master Video by a brilliant presenter. We preselect only the most compelling and interesting Grandmasters and Masters to make DVDs for us.
- Highest quality audio and video available with Grandmaster Webcam. No more wasted time listening to low quality videos where it’s hard to hear the audio and video.
- In depth text chapter summaries in PDF format of each DVD’s content to easily reference if you need a quick refresher on a specific topic.
- 10 relevant and challenging practice problems per disc with solutions so you can test your learning and knowledge.
- PGNs included for every game so you can plug the games into your favorite chess engine.
- Brought to you by OnlineChessLessons.net – The World Leaders in DVD education.
2. 4th move side-lines
3. 4. d3 Part 1
4. 4. d3 Part 2
5. 4. Nc3 Part 1
6. Illustrative game
7. 4. Nc3 Part 2
8. Italian Game
9. Illustrative game (Ivanchuk-Karjakin)
11. Illustrative game (Jones-Howell)
12. Scotch Game
13. Illustrative game (Shirov-Kramnik)
15. Illustrative game (Hou-Carlsen)