Intuition Navigates Chaos: Turbo – Evaluation & Strategy with IM Robert Ris
At the higher levels, games are won by the player who can identify the critical factor in a position and make proper use of it.
In this near 4-hour course, Dutch International Master Robert Ris teaches you that ability.
Chess is a complicated game – you don’t want it to be easy, you want to be good.
IM Ris shows you how to get to the absolute essence of the position, ignoring all the tempting but inferior plans that compete for your attention.
Once you know what to do, it’s a question of executing your plan. Of overcoming your opponents’ strongest resistance.
This course trains you to a high level in skills like prophylaxis, dominating with the bishop-pair, and targeting weaknesses. All explained with IM Ris’ trademark clarity.
Study this material and master the advanced skills that will win you games for the rest of your playing days.
Robert Ris is a Dutch International Master.
Ris learned how to play chess from his father when he was eight years old, and started playing in SV Amstelveen. In 2002 he started playing for SC Utrecht, and, later, in other clubs.
In the same year, he also won the Open Dutch Youth Chess Championship, which he had also won the D category (up to 12 years) in 1999. Ris has been an international chess coach since 2007. He was also part of the selection of Young Orange.
How is this course going to help me?
IM Ris shares his knowledge on Positional Play, specifically in the evaluation you should do in all kind of positions.
- King Safety. So you up a pawn and face an ultra-sharp position like this one and suddenly the safety of the King is playing a major role in the result of this game, learn how to evaluate where is your King going to be safer an ideas like Kf2! (Diagram) won’t be missed chances in your games.
- Prophylaxis. So chess it’s not just developing your pieces, improving them, and going for broke, it’s way more than that! So IM Ris will show you how to anticipate your opponent’s plans and parry them, just in time! I assure you that your rivals will go nuts!
- Static versus dynamic play. Every time a static factor such as double pawns, hanging pawns, and many more arise in a position, you should try exploiting them with dynamic play, learn how to do it before it’s too late!
As it is usual, the course includes puzzles and a summary in PDF, along with the PGN database with all the games in the course.
Don’t miss this chance to revolutionize your chess with IM Ris!
*Special offer: get this and the rest of the volumes in the Intuition Navigates Chaos series for only $139. That’s 49% OFF! Only for a limited time.
- King Safety.
- Find the weakness.
- Improving your worst piece.
- Using the entire board.
- Getting the most from the Bishop pair.
- Long-term planning.
- Static versus dynamic play.
- Sensing critical moments.