The Caro-Kann Defence is sometimes considered solid, drawish and a bit dull, but in this video series FM Lukas Winterberg, aka Shelling Ford, shows that it can lead to surprisingly sharp positions. Black can play the Caro-Kann for a win! These videos and the accompanying eBook contain a complete repertoire from Black’s perspective and cover all main and sidelines.
Learn a complete repertoire to play the Caro-Kann as Black.
Additional information about the video
Lukas briefly introduces himself and his video series.
- Why Caro-Kann?
- Sidelines without 2.d4
- White plays 2. c4 | Part 1
- White plays 2.c4 | Part 2
- White takes on d5
- Panov Attack
- Two Knights Variation | Part 1
- Two Knights Variation | Part 2
- Fantasy Variation
- Advance Variation: Sidelines
- Advance Variation: 4.h4
- Advance Variation: 4.Nc3 | Part 1
- Advance Variation: 4.Nc3 | Part 2
- Short Variation: Sidelines
- Short Variation: 7.c3 and 7.Na3
- Short Variation: 7.dxc5
- Short Variation: 7.c4
- 3.Nd2: Sidelines | Part 1
- 3.Nd2: Sidelines | Part 2
- 3.Nd2: Sidelines | Part 3
- 3.Nd2: Main line | 11.Bf4
- 3.Nd2: Main line | 11.Bd2