IM Sopiko Guramishvili reveals many effective defensive techniques using her own experience of defending in chess.
If you’ve ever lost a game because you underestimated an attack or brought pieces to defend when you should have been running with your King, this 2-hour course will help you find the right path in future.
Sopiko demonstrates how to read the position and work out whether it calls for passive or active defense and shows you how to tell when to counter-attack and when you must deal with a threat.
With a vast array of tactical and positional solutions to defending in chess, including building a fortress and setting up a subtle sacrificial stalemate, “Advanced Defence” will make you very tough to beat!
1. Intro to Advanced Defence
2. Dzagnidze vs. Guramishvili (2013)
3. Melia vs Guramishvili (2013)
4. Ushenina vs. Guramishvili (2012)
5. Socko, M vs. Guramishvili (2013)
6. Guramishvili vs. Davletbayeva (2013)
7. Majdan-Gajewska vs. Guramishvili (2013)
8. Guramishvili vs. Firat (2014)
9. Guramishvili vs. Atalik, E. (2013)