In this exclusive iChess Club video, GM SP Sethuraman explores the Queen’s Gambit Declined, Slav Accepted Variation which begins with the moves 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.Nf3 Nf6 4.Nc4 dxc4. (See the diagram on the right.)
The Slav has been a popular opening for many years and has been relied upon by some of the best players throughout history including 11 of the first 13 World Chess Champions. Players such as Alekhine and Alapin helped develop the theory of the Slav, and more recently it has been the choice of players such as Anand and Kramnik.
GM Sethuraman explains the ideas and concepts in this opening by analyzing a number of recent interesting games, showing new and fresh approaches to the Slav Defense.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- 2-3 exclusive new premium videos a week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $19.97 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $9.97.
Other interesting iChess.club articles for you: