Slav Defense Exchange Variation – GM Alex Lenderman (iChess Club)
The Slav Defense Exchange Variation is an underrated weapon for White. It begins with the moves 1.d4 d5 2.c4 c6 3.cxd5. (See the diagram)
Once called “the system that takes the fun out of playing the Slav” for Black, this is a line that is often used when either side are looking for a draw.
However, as GM Alex Lenderman explains in this exclusive iChess Club video, it can be quite an effective opening for White who can push Black into all sorts of trouble, as it is easy for Black to go wrong and fall victim to the subtleties of the resulting position.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- 2-3 exclusive new premium videos a week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $19.97 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $9.97.
Other interesting iChess.club articles for you:
Nimzo-Indian Rubinstein Variation with 4.e3 – GM Eugene Perelshteyn (iChess Club)The Nimzo Indian Defense is a chess opening for Black against...
Read more >
Susan Polgar Recalls her World Championship Win4-time Women's World Chess Champion Susan Polgar has been in the iChess studios working hard...
Read more >