Open Catalan with 7.Qa4 – IM Robert Ris (iChess Club)
In this series, IM Ris focusses on the Open Catalan.
The Open Catalan begins with the moves 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 d5 4.g3 dxc4 5.Bg2. (See the diagram)
The Catalan was used extensively by Vladimir Kramnik during his World Chess Championship matches.
In this exclusive iChess Club video, IM Ris takes a look at how play continues after 5…c5 6.0-0 Nc6 when White plays 7.Ne5.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- 2-3 exclusive new premium videos a week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $19.97 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $9.97.
Other interesting iChess.club articles for you:
How to Face the King’s Indian as White – GM Damian Lemos (iChess Club) – Part 2The King's Indian Defense is a popular opening choice at all...
Read more >
Open Catalan with 7.Na3 and 7.Ne5 – IM Robert Ris (iChess Club)In this series, IM Ris focusses on the Open Catalan. The...
Read more >