King’s Indian Defense: Win Against The Four Pawns Attack With Black – GM Damian Lemos (iChess.club)
The King’s Indian Defense is a chess opening for Black against 1.d4 and occurs after the moves 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 (see the diagram on the right).
It is is a popular opening choice at all levels and the choice of players looking to win as Black against 1.d4.
The reason for this is that many positions in the King’s Indian Defense promise Black more active play than in most other openings. Black is able to avoid early simplifications and can enter unbalanced positions, which allows him to play for more than equality.
From club players to Super-GMs like Hikaru Nakamura, Teimour Radjabov or Garry Kasparov, you regularly see this opening arising on the chess board. Kasparov even used it to great effect in last year’s Ultimate Blitz event against Caruana, Nakamura, and Wesley So.
King’s Indian Defense: Win Against The Four Pawns Attack With Black
GM Damian Lemos, the face of iChess.net and a renowned expert on the Reti Opening who also published a course on this opening, has produced a series of videos on the different variations in the Reti Opening.
In this iChess Club exclusive video, GM Damian Lemos takes a look at the variation where White plays the Four Pawns Attack against the King’s Indian Defense. The variation occurs after the moves 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.e4 d6 5.f4.
Non-premium members can only watch the first 3 minutes of the video, premium members have full access to the full video.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- 2-3 exclusive new premium videos a week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $19.97 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club.
Other interesting iChess.club articles for you:
- Strike With The English Opening Against The Symmetrical Variation – GM Mihail Marin (iChess.club)
- Sicilian Dragon: Latest Trends In The Yugoslav Attack With 9.0-0-0 – GM Romain Edouard (iChess.club)
- Caro Kann: Theoretical Developments In The Classical Variation – GM Alex Lenderman (iChess.club)
Nimzo-Indian Rubinstein Variation with 4.e3 – GM Eugene Perelshteyn (iChess Club)The Nimzo Indian Defense is a chess opening for Black against...
Read more >
Beating Sidelines & Gambits with Black after 1.e4 e5 – GM Damian LemosCapablanca, Karpov and even the champion himself, Magnus Carlsen — all of them have relied...
Read more >