The Petroff Defense begins with the moves 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nf6 (diagram).
Often when we see a Petroff, we understand that Black is playing a solid defensive system, and chances are the game is set to be a long one. Indeed, the Petroff Defense has the reputation of leading to many draws.
In this exclusive iChess Club video, however, GM Damian Lemos explores a game played between Ian Nepomniatchi and Liviu-Dieter Nisipeanu from Dortmund, 2019, where sparks flew in a fascinating encounter.
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $20 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $1.