GM Mihail Marin continues his exploration of the French Defense from White’s perspective.
This is the second part where GM Marin looks at play after 1.e4 e6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Bg5 Be7 (diagram). If you haven’t seen it, catch part 1 here.
With 4..Be7, Black removes the pin on the f6 knight, renewing the threat against White’s e4 pawn. White has options, which Mihail reviewed in part 1, starting with 5.e5 Nfd7 6.h4 h6. Now he continues looking at White’s move 7 alternatives such as 7.Qh5.
Follow along with the PGN:
Watch the Full Video with iChess.club
Want to watch the full video? Check out the iChess Club, a premium membership for our top fans and customers that gives you tons of exclusive benefits such as:
- Exclusive new premium videos each week by the world’s top Grandmasters and chess educators (such as this one!)
- 40% off all items in our shop, anytime
- 5% additional discount for products already on sale
- Sale extender allowing you to get an item at the sale price up to 30 days after a sale has ended!
- An additional $20 in store credit each month you renew!
- A 30+ minute preview of almost every product in our shop
All this for only $19.97 a month! Click here to sign up for the iChess Club and get your first month for only $1.